Introduce Yourself

B

bl!tz

Hey guys, I'm bl!tz (it's pronounced like blitz) and I like making art for games.

I used to be a part of the old GMC but haven't got around to making a new account since it got archived. I'm excited to get back into a community full of very creative and talented people!

A

Annie The Droid

Username: Annie The Droid

Name: Annie will do
Where you're from: Sheffield
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since I was 7
Any cool games you've made: Spooky Bat (Android)
Personality Type: MEDIATOR (INFP-T)

Other things about yourself: Love Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Doctor Who

W

Wolfrost

Username: Wolfrost
Old GMC Username: Wolfrost
Other usernames from past and present: Wolfrost

Name: Giovanni Orciuolo
Where you're from: Italy
How long you've been using Game Maker: about 4 years
Any cool games you've made: Nothing too special to show, maybe this one, which got around 3100 downloads
Personality Type: INTJ-T

Other things about yourself: I'm a professional programmer, but I'm not a professional game programmer. I plan, in the future, to become one. For now, I just study and enjoy making small things with GMS. It's so cool and fun to use for little prototypes!

J

Josh Arnold

Username: Josh Arnold
Old GMC Username: Xecorrer
Other usernames from past and present:

Name: Josh Arnold
Where you're from: Nashville, TN
How long you've been using Game Maker: 8 years
Any cool games you've made: I made a bunch of small games with GM8 way back, now Im working on an epic sidescrolling RPG adventure!

Other things about yourself: In addition to making games, I'm primarily a music producer, who's earning his degree in audio production. I make all sorts of music, from rock, to EDM and beats, to orchestral scores!

Nice to meet you!

M

Mort(e)

Username: Mort(e)
Old GMC Username: none
Other usernames from past and present: Culdesac
Name:Kev
Where you're from: 4th circle of hell
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 months
Any cool games you've made: Arc
Personality Type: dead from the inside-out
Other things about yourself: i smoke too much ...

T

Triangle

Hello everyone, just joined in time for the jam. I'm a semi-decent pixel artist who got into video game development by volunteering to do art for someone else's game three years ago and wound up being programmer somehow. That about sums it up. I've been messing around with Gamemaker for much longer then that, but as for serious work, I've only really started as of six months ago. It's good to be here.

W

William E.

Username: William E.
Old GMC Username: william-e
Other usernames from past and present: WilliamEqual

Name: Alex
Where you're from: Germany
How long you've been using Game Maker: I just tried it out, I'm mainly a freelance composer!
Any cool games you've made: "Occult" on a Game Jam (Music, SFX and audio implementation)
Personality Type: friendly and calm

Other things about yourself: see above

N

Never_Midnight

Username: Never_Midnight

Name: Sarah
Where you're from: Ireland! :D
How long you've been using Game Maker: a week ago?
Any cool games you've made: Not yet
Personality Type: friendly and soft spoken

Other things about yourself: Anime weeb, play games on ps4 and Switch. Programming noob

L

LARGEGRAPE

Hi! I'm new to the GMC, and would like to get to know some members. Also I'm an artist, so feel free to hit me up for free concept art!

U

Unknown Yell

Wassup folks, it's me, Messer Unknown. I'm from Italy and I try to make something cool. I'm working on a tech-noir project, since I love cyber punk and so on, in fact one of the movies I like the most is indeed Blade Runner.

T

Tactical-Lazer-Kittyz

Username: Tactical-Lazer-Kittyz
Old GMC Username: None, I'm on this community for the first time

Name: Maggie
Where you're from: Massachusetts
How long you've been using Game Maker: I've yet to download it, but I want to. I'm having struggles with creating an account on YoYo Games.
Any cool games you've made: (TBA)
Personality Type: INFP

Other things about yourself: I like cartoons

Name: David

Hello! I'm David! I've been making little games since I was 12, 14 years ago, but I landed on Game Maker just 5 months ago.
My main arts are music and writing, and only lately I've started programming in the strive of making my dream project come to life!

Other things about me:
I love being in Nature and solitude.

A

Aqueous Studios

Username: Aqueous Studios
Old GMC Username: Don't have one :p
I've gone by EnD, PlaDubh, and okmlpplmko

Name:
Prefer not to say
Where you're from: Arizona
How long you've been using Game Maker: Purchased GMS 2 in 2016, only just recently starting to get into using it more frequently.
Any cool games you've made: None! But I have been designing ideas for games since I was 8 or so, so I have lots of ideas.
Personality Type: ESTP the Entrepreneur! Although everyone knows the 16 personality quiz is super unreliable, so who knows what I am.

Other things about yourself: I'm an English Major in college currently, and I have a webcomic called Atomic Masquerade!

S

Sleepy_Kistune

Username: Sleepy_Kitsune
Other usernames: none

Where you're from: Florida
How long have you been using gamemaker: For about a month now. Been jumping between engines and like this one better.
Any cool games you've made: Nothing completed yet
Personality Type: Architect (INTJ-A)

Other things about yourself: I'm a loner, but I'm not allergic to people at all.

N

NWC1990

Username: NWC1990
Experience: I have used many iterations of Game Maker including but not limited to: GM7, GM8, GM8.1, GMS1.4, and GMS2. I have made a few engines in my day but I am not a Professional by any means. I know some stuff but I have plenty to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snorillaka

Username: Snorillaka

Where you're from:
European Island community.
How long you've been using Game Maker:
Over a year.

L

LucioLeannon

I like playing an action game. I am a big fan of action games

B

BlueFlare

Name: Classified
Where you're from: Austraila
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since 2016
Any cool games you've made: Arcade style games
Personality Type: Quirky

Other things about yourself: I enjoy being a game dev.

R

robermaldo

Hello everybody!

Username: robermaldo
Old GMC Username: robermaldo
Other usernames from past and present: rmaldo
Name: Roberto
Where you're from: Puerto Rico, living in Florida

I've been using Game Maker since 2012 but barely scratched the surface. Coming back to it now, hoping to dedicate more time to learning and creating with it.

Any cool games you've made: Only one game where my wife and I could connect accross the internet and guess the other's secret code. I made it using
RealBasic. I plan to re-make it with GameMaker.

Personality Type: Have never bothered to find out. Semi-social (enjoy solitude but also enjoy being amongst people without actually interacting with anyone). I can lead but prefer to work behind the scenes.

Other things about yourself: Enjoy playing guitar, singing and listening to any kind of music (preferring blues, salsa, and any song that tells a story).
I have played games since Pong, witnessed the emergence of the internet, dial-up connections (still remember when connecting at 14.4 Kbps was fast!), bulletin board, CompuServe, AOL, the newsgroups and the web. Planning to retire in 5 years and dedicate a lot more time to programming.

G

GD Engines

Username: GD Engines
Username Explanation: No it doesn't represent a rival game engine. It's the name given to my website for reviewing game engines.
Other usernames from past and present / Old GMC Username: Noob Saibot, Kage Kazumi, Hebi Kumo, & Orachii to name a few.

Name:
Keven N. P.
Where you're from:
USA, CA
The last time I used Game Maker was version 5 though I started on version 4. Yeah back in this day:
and

Any cool games you've made:
Just a fan made Mario game, Super Mario Time Warp; GM ver. 4; long since lost to the internet.

Other things about yourself:
I have a BFA in Creative Writing. I'm actively pursuing a career as a full time writer.

Other Engines Used: RPG Maker 2003, RMXP, RMVX, Game Editor, Stencyl, Torque Builder 2D, & Unity (only ever made a full game in Game Maker).

S

stoovan

o/

I'm stoovan. I make games. Currently using game maker to work on my latest project "Little Land".

S

Scyfer

Username: Scyfer

Where you're from: New York
How long you've been using Game Maker: About a year now.
Any cool games you've made: None at this moment.
Personality Type: INFJ-A

There's absolutely nothing.

E

ethian

Username: Ethian
Old Username: ******** ****
Favorite hobbies: Watching children's channels at satelital TV while playing Yume Nikki and my own game (Previously Undertale)
Likes: Certain villains, certain feet, drawing, work on artworks...
Hates: Media with uncensored swear words.
How long you've been using Game Maker: February 2017

What do you think?

Z

Zen_Ad_Astra

Hi

I am new here and to game maker, I have lots of ideas for games and dabble with 3d and 2d art.
I like the UK .

J

justinalegro

Hey! I get to introduce myself all over again.
I'm to Create, as I've always been. I'm currently 24 years old and live a happy life in the wet soggy mire that is the Netherlands.
I've used Game Maker since I was young, maybe 12 or 14 or so, and over time I've grown proficient at using it. Although I rarely find time to actually make anything, and I've moved on to other IDE's for many projects, it's still a hobby of mine to just screw around with it and test random ideas.

I

INFO XMiGuPLAY LLC

Username: I already forgot
Old GMC Username: NA
Other usernames from past and present: ...

Name: M
Where you're from: 3 oh fizzy
How long you've been using Game Maker: OMG, 2011?

Any cool games you've made: Yes. They are not age appropriate, if you are of age, search XMF on Steam. I am working real hard to improve my games with each passing title. My first working game was back in 2012. No where to go but up! I have been flirting with other Engines but really enjoy GM's UI and I actually joined up because I cannot find an article anywhere to address some production concerns I have. I make mainly Brawlers and 1 on 1 Fighters, love scripting and GML is way chiller than C# IMO.

Personality Type: I focus my mind on being accepting of others and I have been doing some deep digging to break my mind off toxic thinking cycles. I have made amazing progress with anger management in 20 years and currently I am focusing my thought patterns to stray from my subconscious voice that has a tendency for me to over compensate as a human struggling with insecurities from my teenage years. I focus on trying to be a good person. My games are silly, for 18+ & people looking for something funny and obscure.

Meh?

K

KonekoSoft

KONEKO is an indie developer located in Tokyo, Japan. We are a company specializing in professional quality entertainment products. We strive to create top quality creative works with great story, clever game play, and cutting edge visuals.
To us, a visual novel is the best way of story-telling.

We are learning GMS 2. This is my first post on the new GMC : )

H

Henwell

Username: henwell
Where you're from: US
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 month
Any cool games you've made: Mausoleum of the Medusa
Personality Type: A
n ENFJ-A? Me? But I joined the Aldrich Faithful covenant! How can I reconcile the two?!

R

Robert Blake

Username: Robert Blake
Old GMC Username:

Name: Robert Blake
Where you're from: Canada
Personality Type: Tall nordic guy
Blogger​

A

apatch

Username: Apatch

Name: Evgeniy
Where you're from: RUSSIA
How long you've been using Game Maker: Known about it for a long time and tried free versions. =)

J

Jester

Username: Jester
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: N/A

Name: Dan
Where you're from: Cincinnati
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 Months
Any cool games you've made: I'm working on my very first platformer
Personality Type: I'm a laid back guy. Like to chat and socialize.

Other things about yourself: I've been a professional full stack developer for 10 years. Just recently started game development. I started in Unity but found I love gamemaker more. My passion lies in 2d platformers as those were always the most fun I had growing up, and I want other people to have fun!

E

ethian

I'm ethian, and i'm known because of something called "Nuts Goner", right?

B

BLTank

Username: BLTank

How long you've been using GM: Tinkering on and off, learning the past year or so.
Current projects: Haven't posted yet (nervous), but keeping it simple making a multiplayer top down battle/capture game.
Previously: Spent 7 years doing animation/art in the mobile games (shiver) industry.
Currently: Full time fathering 3 kiddos while trying to get a home game dev thing going on the side.

V

Ven604

Greetings! I'm a new member of the community !! @_@
Username: Ven604
Name: Ven

Where you're from: California ( East Bay Area)
How long you've been using Game Maker: started today O_O'
Any cool games you've made: I've done game art for several mobile games

Other things about yourself: I am currently playing Breath of the Wild, have pet birbs, and love to illustrate on my free time. I occasionally dabble in animation/3D for fun or study.

J

john wright

Hi every one I am here to have the knowledge reagrding the foruim and aklso to provide answers which I will bre capable of.

D

DarrenRunte

I like smurf game very much. I can provide the best sugesstion for smurf game

W

WWW Surfing Dinosaur

Name:
World Wide Web Surfing Dinosaur (will accept Dino for short)
Where you're from:
Canada
I have never used Game Maker before.
I have not made any games, but I have made music for a couple of games developed as university projects.
Personality Type:
INFJ-A

I'm a guy that likes to make music and would love to develop music for video games. I am currently using Logic as my main program (will likely upgrade to FL Studio in the near future).

Username: Diminished
Old GMC Username: Diminished

Where you're from:
USA

How long you've been using Game Maker: About 8 years, on and off. Joined the old Game Maker forums around 2010, but actually started using GM a little earlier than that.
Any cool games you've made: None actually, haha! I mostly just throw together random systems for fun and help other people out by making tutorials.

I haven't used GM for a little while now but I'm getting that random urge to get back into it and mess around with it again. I was pretty active on the old forum until it was shut down. Hopefully I can get back into it again and make some cool stuff and help other people out.

N

Nuss

Username: Nuss
OLD GMC username: None
Other Usernames: GuruTeaTree123 (dA)

Name: Riley Sandoval
Where you're from: The Land of the Free.
How long you've been using Game Maker: Got it a few years back but never got into it until now.
Any cool games you've made: None right now, but I am trying to work on a new Run n Gun/Metroid-vania styled game.
Personality Type: INFP-T.
Other Things About Yourself: I work on games alone because I'd rather make something I want and try to experiment than follow a trend. I also do art, music, and sprites animations.

T

TymoPC

Username: TymoPC
Name: Cristi
Where you're from: Romania
How long you've been using Game Maker: a year and a half.
Any cool games you've made: Just samples and playing, right now i worked on a long project with two friends.
Personality Type: ENFP-T

Other things about yourself: I'd like to make my own game someday. I also like to play on guitar, draw, listen to music, watch anime, and play video games with friends or alone. I'm very creative and funny.

W

wireframefox

Username: wireframefox
Other usernames from past and present: depending on the site you visited it would either be "outlawkitsune" or "redmasqu3rad3"

Name:
Jon
Where you're from: Vegas
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since 2005, but haven't touched it in almost a decade :p I also have 2 of the books that were released years ago, wonder if they will still be useful now.
Any cool games you've made: Never released any completed games, so... yeah...
Personality Type: INTJ

My ultimate goal is to make a game for the Switch, which is why I came back to GameMaker now that my NDA is up with my previous company. So I will probably be asking a lot of questions regarding Switch functionality. I enjoy using the drag and drop block coding versus what's in Unity or Unreal.

A

aDd1cT

Username: aDd1cT

Name:
You can call me aDd1cT

Where you're from:
The Republic of Ireland

How long you've been using
Game Maker: I downloaded it this morning and am looking forward to getting my first go of it.

Some pretty poor attempts at Unity, I'm trying to become a better programmer which this will hopefully help with!

Personality Type:
Hmm I'm a man with a job and a family so I don't have a lot of time. but I want this to be my job so I'll be working hard whenever I have a moment.

I'm an Artist/Graphic Designer (My Avatar is an old oil painting of mine) turned Animator, with a long history as a Sound Engineer and Music Producer I'll be linking to that stuff when I get to link stuff. Other than that, I'm hoping to get the games I have in my head out into the real world and hopefully people will enjoy them, I base them off pen and paper rpg's I play with my friends from time to time. It would be great to work with others on some projects which is why I joined the forum. I'd be happy to concept, animate, sprite and even produce the music. Seriously I'll link to it all and if you read all this thanks time is much appreciated. (> o_o)> <----- Kirby

R

remka

Username: Remka
Old GMC Username:
-
Remuka

Name:
Jerome
Where you're from:
France, but living in Tokyo for a looooong time
Just recently, but working with Javascript for 10+ years, so i figured it should be pretty similar
Only protos (isometric pathfinding in JS, playing with Phaser.js, topdown proto from scratch)

Other things about yourself: I'm an illustrator by trade, but working as an art director, mostly with digital media. I know just enough coding to put myself into trouble.

K

_KKleb_

Username: _KKleb_
Old GMC Username: -
Other usernames from past and present: KlebdaPleb, KKorp, MrKrebz

Name: Kaleb
Where I'm from: California, USA
How long I've been using Game Maker: For 2 months
Any cool games I've made: None, still getting used to the interface, forum, language, etc.
Personality Type: INTP

Other things about myself: Animator, pen spinner, love designing games in a cool way. I've also been programming in Java, C++, HTML + CSS, some JavaScript.
Fiddling with computer hardware is another thing I enjoy, along with assembling computers. Working with electronic music and piano is quite fun too(yes, I do have time for all of this as a 13-year old, maybe that's why I'm always tired)
There are so many things I still have to learn about GML and the GUI of Gamemaker Studio(2).

B

Blast-Forever

Username: Blast-Forever
Old GMC Username: (none)
Other usernames from past and present: (none)

Name: Yan
Where you're from: France
How long you've been using Game Maker: I've tried in 2016...I'm bad at it (.__.)
Any cool games you've made: No , i've been trying to make a game since 2016 and i couldn't program a thing.
Personality Type: (?)

Other things about yourself: I'm kinda good at doing Pixel Art and drawing.

Username: Lucas Poeiras
Old GMC Username:
Other usernames from past and present: Mr. Dust (my steam nickname)

Name: Lucas Poeiras
Where you're from: Belo Horizonte - Brasil
How long you've been using Game Maker: for a month now
Any cool games you've made: never made one
Personality Type: Consul (ESFJ-a)

I love sports and Geography (I got bachelor degree)

H

Hosein_namju

Hello everyone
Name: Hosein
I am computer science student since 2016 and interested to making games using my own algorithms.
And also using game maker since version 7 and now using studio 1.4