Introduce Yourself

S

sano_214

Hello folks,

Name's sano_214. I'm an absolute newbie at game maker (also at using forums).
I'm 27, from India. I bought gamemaker 1.4 from humble bundle, and I've just started using it.

N

Nico Kopf 33

Hey peeps!

Nico, 40, from Windhoek, Namibia.
Artist & graphic designer.
Currently working on backgrounds & props for some South African game developers.
They are using GameMaker, but I personally don't know how to use it.

Am interested in using games to deliver cool art & storytelling.

T

TCG

Username: TCG
Old GMC Username: N/A
Other usernames from past and present: N/A

Name: Tim
Where you're from: Illinois
How long you've been using Game Maker: 4 days
Any cool games you've made: Not yet, but I do have quite a few ideas.
PERSONALITY TYPE: LOGICIAN (INTP-A)

Other things about yourself: I used to hack Super Mario World, having an account on SMWC as majorasmaskkingdom, as a way for me to AT LEAST do something with what I have always wanted to do. Prior to that I used to use RPG Maker 2000, but very poorly due to being so young.

F

Fazri Fr

Username: Fazri Fr
Old GMC Username: -
Other usernames from past and present:-

Name: Fazri Fathoni Rahmat
Where you're from: Indonesia
How long you've been using Game Maker: 7+ years (still awful at GML lol)
Any cool games you've made: TBA..
hmm probably Wizardia : The Little Witch and Demons (available at Kongregate), OH MY GATLING (available on Newgrounds), and Toast Jammer (#1GAM project, available at itch)
Personality Type: Ambivert?

Other things about yourself:
Im graduated vocational school last year. Now facing life and reality, i won local game dev competition and got 1st place. I failed at Newground's Pixel Day 2018. Trying to make HTML5 Games and sell it (for helping parents, fix my laptop, and fix my house walls) hmm.. probably i will make Cookies and Snack too haha

MissingNo.

Username: MissingNo.
Past usernames: MissingNo. and I also used Sly1400 in the past.

Name: A̷̝͔̝̮̪͎̓̑ĝ̶̟̘̹͇̣̃̾̈́ͅȩ̶̨̜̪͇͌̃͝n̵̢͚̤͔͔͒̍͑̚ţ̶̖̎ ̸͕̜̐̚S̸̨̧̫̜̥̞̀̋̄m̵̞̬͓͖̊̀̐̔i̶̯̟̠͖͗̈ͅt̵̨͍̼̓̎h̷̨̰̞̭͎̩́̑́
Where you're from: The Matrix
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since Game Maker 6.

I used to be on the old forum and made several fun test projects years ago there.

D

devonhg

This seems like the appropriate place to put this.

I've made a video specifically addressing this community, and my excitement on being back here.

In short, it's a testimonial to the role this community played in getting me where I'm at today.

S

ShadowPillz

Username: ShadowPillz
Where are you from: Bronx, New York
How long you've been using Game Maker: 5 or 6 years it seems (I was using 8.1 then studio came sometime after)
Any cool games you've made: as it stands...no. l have are things I keep working on. a top down shooter I made for an eight grade project (infinite enemies and bullets going in 8 directions) haven't touch that in a while, and the project I've been focused on is a platformer. As it stand it more or less just a testing ground to implement new mechanics...if they work (still walljumping weird and cant dash)
Other things about yourself
  • Got into Fire Emblem Rom hacking 6 months ago (got me to do some sprite edits)
  • Inspired by Super Smash Land/Rivals of Aether to work harder on my platformer (what even is knockback)
  • Favorite Games include Megaman X, Said Inspiration, Super Smash Brothers Series, and a handful of platformers, rpgs, fighters (you can tell why im focusing on the platformer)
  • Trying to help a friend achieve his goal of creating a game for his story and characters while achieving my goal of creating a good game I can be proud of

Username: Lord KJWilliams

Where you're from:
USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: Barely a month
Any cool games you've made: none

I compose music using DAWs and MIDI with my keyboard, and I am learning how to play electric guitar. I also program in C ( and little bit of C++ ), MSDOS console programs via djgpp , Linux programs via gcc, but this has been at rest since I got GMS2. So I am transitioning from C and C++ to GML. Before I learned C , I learned the worst programming langauge ever - Commodore Business Machines BASIC, Commodore Business Machines Licensed version of Microsoft BASIC called Amiga BASIC on a Amiga 500. I will never touch BASIC or even Visual BASIC ( which I saw on Windows 3.x long long ago). I wont touch Oracle's ( formerly Sun Microsystems ) Java programmig language, in any way - it does not do object-oriented programming like C++. JAVA does not have even a ISO standard like C or C++. I just remembered , I think I need to update my copy of the C standard to C11 ( C1X ) - I still have the C99 standard .pdf but the update is too expensive at the moment.

J

JavaKouhai

Username: JavaKouhai
Other usernames from past and present: JavaKouhai, TurbulentStar

Name: Shey ________
Where you're from: Born in Texas, USA, but I've lived in North Carolina since I was like 6)
How long you've been using Game Maker: I used a bit of 1.4 a couple of years back, but never delved into it. Purchased GMS2 about 3 days ago.
Any cool games you've made: HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA
Personality Type: ESFP-A

Other things about yourself: Moderate Weeb. Currently in an Early/Middle College Program. Getting my AAS, then moving on to University. I'm very easygoing, and I try to be as likeable as possible ("ESPF-A", remember? The "A" is from me forcing my jokes into odd situations. I'm workin' on it). Now going into Programming (C++) and figured I'd finally follow my childhood dream of making games along the way. Mainly inspired by Pokemon, Castlevania, Megaman, I Wanna Be The Boshy, and Shovel Knight.

P.S. Hmu if you'd take a newbie in for development for a game. I'm in desperate need of experience, as show by me buying GMS2 3 days ago.

Thanks for reading my life!
~Java

D

Dewarriorz

Username: Dewarriorz
Old GMC Username: None
Other usernames from past and present: None

Name: Jon
Where you're from: NY
How long you've been using Game Maker: since 2012
Any cool games you've made: None officially completed, one close to complete few others need debugging
Personality Type: Logician

Other things about yourself: into HTML and CSS coding

Name: Tiago Carvalho
Where are you're from: I am from Portugal, but actually live abroad.
How long you've been using Game Maker: About an year.
Any cool games you've made: None finished... Yet.

Other things about yourself: Love making games, playing games, learning game dev, playing football, paintball, reading books.

I'm glad to join this community.

A

albercreditos

Name: Alberto Ruiz
Where are you're from: I am from Spain, in Madrid.
How long you've been using Game Maker: some month
Any cool games you've made: I hope finist one soon

Other things about yourself: Sport, read book, my playstation and make games.

I want learn so much

K

kimlang

Name: Kim Lang
Where you're from: Singapore
How long you've been using Game Maker:
1 year

V

Voice.flac

Username: Voice.flac
Other usernames from past: Darkmadskull, Madfireshot
Name: Jason
Where you're from: Minnesota

Personality Type: INTJ

Other things about yourself: Currently hoping to one day be a producer, so I'm aiming to get experience in as many facets of game development as possible.

H

Hefyaltis

Username:Hefyaltis
Old GMC Username: /
Other usernames from past and present: /

Name: Matteo Tiberio
Where you're from: ITALY
How long you've been using Game Maker: 1 Year
Any cool games you've made: Still working on it!
Personality Type: INTJ-A

Other things about yourself: I'm a musician, a painter and an actor in the theatre. I've dedicated my life to art, and i want to put my art in videogames

S

Sabbo

Name: Sabbo
Where's you're from: Toronto CA
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2 weeks
Any cool games you've made: Yes

L

Lucasp84

Hello, everyone. My name is Lucas and I'm totally new to Game Maker. I don't have any IT background but I work within game localization. I'd like to learn some more things about making games, using GM and maybe even make a little game by myself one day.

E

ethian

His initials are "W S G", and my last name is Ethian.
W.S.G. decided to make his game and I decided to help him because of him...
I have my own game, too, W S G also likes it! also the great idea of an collector's edition!
Both, we're best friends!
We have the same, fresh past!
We have the same ansieties to the same things!
Isn't divine? Yes!

E

Edwin

Username: Edwin.
Old GMC Username: *I never was gmc's member before*.
Other usernames: Edwin.

Where's you're from: Kazakhstan.
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 years.
Any games you've made: No one.

V

VagrantWhaleGames

sup friends
Username: Vagrant
Where you're from: USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: 4+ years

P

PepiCzech

Username: PepiCzech

Name: Josef Bělehrádek
Where you're from: Czech republic
How long you've been using Game Maker: a long time ago (2009 and later), GM 6.1, 7 after pause now i am returning to making games
Any cool games you've made: Tip ťap, Kingdom Defender, Bzum, Béé, War Center, Insanity ... and others (2006-2011)

I'm graphic designer, looking for a partner (programmer) to create independent games

MeltingCat

So here my introduction!
Found my inspiration using game maker. I started at about the start of this year so I'm still new but loving the coding. Excited to see what it will bring.

Username: MeltingCat

Name:
Iris
Where you're from: Germany, living in Australia
7months
Any cool games you've made:
ask me again in a couple of years!
Personality Type: introvert

creative maths brain

Kyon

Name: Kyon
Where you're from: The Netherlands
How long you've been using Game Maker: 10 to 12 years or so. (GM6.1) (an on and off relationship haha)
The only game I every "finished" was this game for YoYoComp06: https://tinyurl.com/y77ur6nf . Which was when gamemaker tried that PSP export.
I guess the game I've been working years and years on was "Dirkels" which was quite popular on the old forums. But this was just my way of learning gamemaker, I redid that game countless times, like, starting from scratch again all the time and using new skills and codes I learned while making the previous Dirkels. The latest demo is here: https://tinyurl.com/y9z933nz (mind that that latest demo is atleast 4 years old)
I probably never finish Dirkels haha. At the moment I'm working on some cool projects though, one is "From Here On" and storydriven game about social anxiety and some sci-fi elements. But mostly at the moment I'm working on "The Magic Bowman" which will be an adventure/action-platformer with some cool comedy ideas I have.
The game started out as a test project because working on From Here On for over 5 months really broke me haha. I started on Bowman a month ago and it feels more like a game than from here on was...
You can read about my games on my twitter, I tent to update them at least once or twice a week.

Personality Type: INFP-T

I'm a musician. As in, I have a band, we perform a lot, and I study music. My end goal is to make music for movies and games (which is what my study is about).
If anyone is interested, this is my band: http://shermanoaksband.com/releases
We recorded our first EP last year in Los Angeles, which was a life-changing experience.

C

chaslinux

Username: Chaslinux

Name: Charles McColm
Where you're from: Ontario, Canada
How long you've been using GameMaker: 3 months (though I bought 1.4 on a Humble Bundle over a year ago and bought 2 a couple of months ago, just didn't use them)
Any cool games you've made: Fastroids (Gamemaker WIP), BANG! (a BBS doorgame for Synchronet BBS systems), a text adventure I can't even remember the name of (developed using AGT), and All Night Road Race (a Commodore 64 game similar to Pole Position).
Personality Type: INFP-T

Other things about yourself: Run a computer refurbishing project full time.

S

strenty

Hello I'm strenty
My real names is Storm. Waratah, aged 14, from Australia.
I'm an beginner in coding though hoping to become a prominent in the industry.

L

LuminousNutria

Hello, I'm an ageless god who often takes the form of a luminous giant rat.
I've taken some college courses in traditional programming languages, but I am just learning GML.
I also enjoy history and anime.

E

elenaditgoia

Hello everyone!
I'm Elena, I'm from Italy, and I've only just started learning GML. I'm familiar with C++ and html and I've taken a few classes about informatics and programming at university. I decided to take up game making to create a small RPG as a gift to a friend, and also because when I was a child I used to say I wanted to become a videogame programmer when I grew up, so I'm sort of keeping a promise. Looking forward to learning!

M

Misty

Hello I'm Misty, and I'm a Narcissist, because I want nothing more than to play videogames with my mom.
Also a narcissist because I stand up to people who bully me, also a narcissist because I look down on people who don't like pizza. Basically, if you don't like pizza, Houston we have a problem here.

K

Kurtis

Hello I'm Misty, and I'm a Narcissist, because I want nothing more than to play videogames with my mom.
Also a narcissist because I stand up to people who bully me, also a narcissist because I look down on people who don't like pizza. Basically, if you don't like pizza, Houston we have a problem here.
Hi Misty :)

R

RomanPokorny

Hello, everybody. My name is ROman POkorny (that's the reason why you can call me ROPO), I'm 16 years old and when I'll grow up, I want to be a game designer. The problem is that It's little bit hard, because I live in Czech Republic and there isn't such a big "boom" about games. But still, I want to learn a design (2D and 3D) and by that I want to work with some american people :).
I'm still working in GameMaker 1.4. I have a sensitive relationship with that, because I was really excited about it. I made 3 games in total. I also had other projects, but they still were unfinished and they weren't so cool. I made 2 games when I was a little kid (in 8.1. version ;) ) and 1 I guess 6 months ago. I was so proud of myself that I made something like this. It was jist so wonderful. And I want that feel back!
So I want to try something: If you want some pixel-graphic design of something, write down here under this status and let me show you my graphic style. I hope I can fit into this community, because IT IS one of the best communities I've ever seen in my life.
I'm really excited of your reaction at me and thanks for your time, If you've read it into the end :).
Thank you.
-Roman Pokorny.

IICIIEII

Hello!

Let´s introduce myself using the "standard" format:

Name: Alberto
Where are you from?: Spain, but I live in UK since 2010.
How long have you been using Game Maker?: since 2016
Any cool games you have made?: Doomsday Lost Echoes, a text adventure for the Amstrad CPC.

Other things about yourself: nothing very special I guess. I am a biochemist, I live in Oxford and I have been reading these forums for a long time until I finally decided to register :).

M

Misty

Hello, everybody. My name is ROman POkorny (that's the reason why you can call me ROPO), I'm 16 years old and when I'll grow up, I want to be a game designer. The problem is that It's little bit hard, because I live in Czech Republic and there isn't such a big "boom" about games. But still, I want to learn a design (2D and 3D) and by that I want to work with some american people :).
That is the miracle of the Internet and the English language. Your english is very well so you should have no problems.

P

phantom_void_1994

Username: phantom_void
Where you're from: China
How long you've been using Game Maker: About 6 months or something, I own it for a year.
Any cool games you've made: I am on my first at the moment.
Personality Type:
ARCHITECT (INTJ-A)
About: a Java coder.

R

RealTanHen

Hey guys, relatively new to Gamemaker and extremely new to game development (I keep changing my 'ideal career'....)
Name: RealTanHen / Leanne
Where you're from: Ireland
How long you've been using Game Maker: 2ish months
Any cool games you've made: Working on an interactive poem, and a much larger project (I'm an ambitious newbie). The main cool thing about anything I make is just the fact that everything's traditionally painted really (was a self-proclaimed artist before)
Personality Type: CAMPAIGNER (ENFP-T) (Although I also never leave my house...)

Other things about yourself: I have two cats and they are indeed adorable.

X

Xolkiyr

Username: Xolkiyr

Name: Chris
Where you're from: Southern Virginia, USA
How long you've been using Game Maker: 3 Days
Any cool games you've made: Working on converting a Greenfoot game of mine.
Personality Type: ??
Other things about yourself: I'm a solo dev that works with a team. I mean, I make games along other people but we have very limited interactions with eachothers' projects.

F

FYNDR

Username: FYNDR
Old GMC Username: FYNDR
Other usernames from past and present: FYNDR (I'm sensing a pattern here)

Name: Mike
Where you're from: The US and A
How long you've been using Game Maker: Since 2001, if you can believe it
Any cool games you've made: No, but check out https://fyndr.itch.io/ for some non-cool games that I've made
Personality Type: INTJ

Other things about yourself: I'm posting here so that I can shill my games in the future <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LulusaurArts

Username: LulusaurArts
Old GMC Username:
None
Other usernames from past and present:
Lulusaur, 31lulu08

Name:
Lulu
Where you're from:
Germany
-
-

I'm a hobby concept-artist and want to support other people on their gameprojects c:
I love playing games myself, I especially like games like Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, My Time at Portia and some sort. :)