• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Intermittent mouse stuttering with GMS 2.0 and G-Sync enabled

L

lukeman3000

I've noticed this behavior with other applications like Office products (Excel and Word) wherein the mouse "stutters" and it's almost like my FPS is dipping quite substantially when using the program. What gives?

For the record, disabling G-Sync seems to fix the issue, but that's a pain in the ass to enable/disable it anytime I use or stop using GMS...

Is this something YoYo is aware of and/or planning to fix?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
This is due to how G-Sync and the GPU driver work (which may not be optimal). It's not a problem with GM. You'll notice this behavior with many windowed applications (as you have noticed already). G-Sync lowers your frame rate depending on current performance, which not only affects open programs, but also your mouse cursor on that monitor. Any dips that would otherwise result in tearing will instead lead to a stall until the tear is eliminated. This sometimes makes things look more fluid... and sometimes more choppy.

L

lukeman3000

For whatever reason this does not happen with every single windowed program; only some, leading me to (apparently incorrectly) assume that it's a fault of the given application that experiences issues with g-sync.

Last edited by a moderator: