• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Interesting tileset bug

stigmund77

After using the game_save() and game_load() functions tile data stops returning the correct data. for example
if tilemap_get(map_id, mx, my); would return 1 before using the loading function after it would return 524287. I've reported this bug but i'm interested if others have experienced this problem?

Edit: after some more testing it doesnt seem to matter what tile is fed into the tile function above the returned value will always be set as 524287 after using the game_load() function.

Edit: after more testing it seems the function layer_get_id("layer_tile_foliage") now returns -1 after using the game_load function, it is this that faults everything down the line. There doesn't seem to be any way to ID layers after loading a game.

Last Edit: Quick Fix for anyone having trouble with this, simply use the function
layer_set_target_room(room) to return outputs off all layer_tile functions to normal.

Cheers!

Last edited: