• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Interactive Comic - All You Can Eat [Greenlight]

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Help with the Greenlight of this awesome game:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887625705

After ten years of living in a diner with a single "All You Can Eat" coupon, your existence is threatened by the diners imminent foreclosure! Embark on a epic mundane journey to protect your way of life!

* The first interactive comic in the history of gaming!!! (that we know of!)
* Impressive 20 minutes of gameplay! (at best!)
* NO multiple endings, guaranteed!

Feed your inner freeloader!

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Thanks!!! We're almost on 200 yes votes which is already 10% of the way to the top 100! That's great, considering we've only been out for a day :)
Btw, here's a new "exclusive" pic of all the characters in the game:

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

It's like a comic but you choose where it leads, take a look at the gameplay trailer:

Morendral

It reminds me of an rpg, but in still frames without animation and such. If thats the effect you are going for then i guess you've succeeded. I suppose I'd have to see more gameplay in action, but i dont think i would want to play a whole game where everything is static and solely waiting for me to make a move. Come to think of it, thats sort of roguelike in gameplay but i think thats different entirely and the similarity stops there.

Thinking even more it's like the old style point-and-click adventures but without movement or animation. The way to get through those games was just mashing every object in your inventory against everything in the game world. Does it make a new frame every action, or does it wait until you've selected the correct thing? Are there multiple paths, or is there only the one story? Being a comic suggests that there is only one way forward, and players have to just click-spam the screen to make it advance to the next panel instead of just reading it.

Unique concept but I'm not sure how it works as a game. Best of luck though

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

It will be mostly like a PnC adventure, but every turn (even a wrong one) will result in the comic heading in a new (funny) direction. The point is that the left-hand side of the comic is history (what you played), and the right hand side of the comic is blank (there are no panels) until you do an action and then the camera moves to the right and you figure out "what happened" (which is actually interactive so every playthrough will yield a different comic). After you finish the game, you will be able to print it out, if I manage to figure out how to export to PDF :)