• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Forum Issue Integration with tapatalk and similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiechu

Hello!

Why this forum is not registerd in apps such as tapatalk?
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong trying to find it in tapatalk?
Either way it would be nice to have it there...
I know that XenForo is very nice implemented for handy browsers, but when you have 3 or more forums where you want to be up to date, it is much more easier and faster with tapatalk...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Um... Nope! Not going to happen. The xenforo mobile version is quite good enough for us and I (personally) don't think tapatalk would be good for us. Here's a few quotes from other forum admins about their experiences using tapatalk which explains perfectly why this is a bad idea...

When Tapatalk started, they promised to help forum owners of all sizes build heir own communities by offering a great app experience. As time went on, and they raised millions of dollars from private investors, they turned into a money hungry machine.

Their strategy seemed to shift. They went from creating the best product for forum owners and their users to figuring out how they could leverage their "man in the middle" status to build their OWN community and brand. And they did.

Under normal circumstances, I would congratulate them, but in the case of Tapatalk their practices bordered on pure exploitation. They "accidentally" indexed entire websites as content on their own website. They "accidentally" placed in-app banners to download the Tapatalk app instead of our app. There were a lot of "accidents" that coincidentally had direct and incredible benefits for Tapatalk's bottom line.

As time passed, we realized Tapatalk built an empire at the expense of its subjects
As Tapatalk continues to intentionally siphon users and eyeballs from its forum partners, it destroys the financial feasibility of running a website of this size.
The problem is that Tapatalk Group does more harm than good. All forums, taken care of by thousands of administrators and followed by hundreds of thousands of members worldwide, suffer from bugs which have created substantial damage, erased data, and suppressed basic features. Previously it had been promised that there would be no significant changes

We have obviously been told untruths. The user experience is a fiasco.

The worst thing is that the Tapatalk Team doesn't care at all, either fighting with or ignoring those who are not satisfied and arbitrarily deleting complaints/requests as well as banning those who try to make things better by pointing out their shortcomings. Liberty of expression is being trampled.
So... no, this is not something we would even consider doing, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.