• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Integrated vs discrete GPU

slojanko

Hey,

I was just testing out the performance of my project and I found out that the Integrated Intel HD 4600 is actually faster than my discrete Nvidia 820M. Now don't get me wrong, the 820M isn't a whole lot better but Nvidia marks it as 2.5x the performance of a HD 4400.

I get less FPS plus it maxes out the 820M. I am running the 365.19 update for Nvidia and never updated the Intel drivers. I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this expect GM:S being bad at utilizing discrete graphics.