• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Instances placed outside room in editor

S

Sinaz20

I'm having trouble finding the option or flag to prevent instances placed outside the room in the room editor from being destroyed at runtime.

I distinctly remember a dialog and option in GM:S 1.4

Currently, I'm putting some deflectors around the edges of the room to help with a particular type of collision, but these objects are being removed from the room at run time.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There is no such option, but they also shouldn't be getting destroyed... I'd file a bug for that, and in the meantime if you create them using code they should be fine outside the room.

S

Sinaz20

Uh... hrm. Well, after reloading the game to double check things, the objects in question became unkown objects, and the master object was missing from the Objects list.

So I quickly remade them, and now they work...?

Odd.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you still have a copy of the broken version you should really file a bug as that sounds like something that shouldn't happen! If you don't then obviously you can't, but if it happens again then please do... :)