• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Installed but not run

D

Dragnovich

Hello I have downloaded GMS2 and instaled (with no errors or conflicts) but when I run splash screems pops ask me for the accout login and password, but once I send the aaccount login and password the program is closed (crash)

Any advice?

windows is brand new installed Windows 7 sp1 all patches installed , and then I installed the program at c:\Develop\Game Maker Studio 2\

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Installing to a folder that's directly in C:\ might not be a good idea - especially newer versions of Windows (I guess 7 still counts as that) seem to get grumpy when you don't save stuff in the predestined locations and programs running from outside of those might be lacking required permissions.

Try installing to the default location. Also try running both the program and the installer as an administrator to rule out elevation issues.