• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Install GMS 2.3 and 2.2

C

ctastic

Hey everyone!

I am trying to get into Gamemaker and I found some example projects I want to use to help get examples of how they use functions/structure their game. I want to use 2.3 myself obviously, but these projects are on 2.2. From what I can see, it looks like you can't install two versions of GMS2 on the same PC. I saw a thread from last month that said "solved" but I didn't see anything that really answered the question other than using a virtual machine.

Seems pretty ridiculous that you can't install multiple versions of the software at once, especially if it's a recent version. Does anyone know if there's a workaround? Should I just upgrade the projects and hope they still work enough that I could learn from them?

Thanks!

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Link your YoYo Account with Steam, then install the Steam version (which will be 2.3) then from the release notes download 2.2.5 and install that. You can then switch between the two as you need, but keep in mind that after using 2.3, when you first open 2.2.5 you'll need to switch Runtimes back to the 2.2.5 Runtime as the prefs are shared so it'll detect that you last used the 2.3 Runtime on startup.

C

ctastic

So I don't need to purchase it again to run it through Steam?