GMS 2 Insert line break

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Carlos PT, May 11, 2017.

1. Carlos PT

Carlos PT Guest

I'm trying to create a textbox that reads a string and shows it. I need to make it so it can jump to the next line if the string is longer than the box. I have followed a tutorial that uses the symbol "#" to insert line breaks manually. My problem is this is not working using GMS2 (the tutorial is in 1.4). Trying this it writes the symbol itself, instead of creating a line break. How can I insert a line break manually in GMS2? Is there another symbol? Thanks in advance.

2. Hyomoto

Hyomoto Member

The new character code is \n, you can find it under the strings section of the manual.

big ant and HayManMarc like this.
  3. HayManMarc

HayManMarc Member

^The manual is your friend. Especially "search" and "index". Get to know them and they will have your back most of the time. ;)

big ant likes this.
  4. sylvain_l

sylvain_l Member

you now that if you want to draw a text in a box, there is a function that handle the wraping for you ?
    draw_text_ext()

(of course don't mind my saying if you are just doing it yourself for learning, handling wrapping is a good little exercice)