Input lag help!

A

Advokaiser

Hi, everyone, I'm new here. I'm seeking help for the following problem:

I've been playing fangames of a game called I Wanna Be The Guy. The thing is, every fangame worked perfectly on my old computer (Intel Pentium 4/Windows 7), but on my new computer (AMD Ryzen 5/Windows 10) I have a frustrating problem with input lag on the keyboard. The games run just fine, without any actual framerate lag, but the delay on every command persists.

Somebody told me that this is a problem related to Windows Aero, and that it can be disabled in Windows 7 but not on Windows 10, and that there's nothing you can do about it. Is this really true? Or is there a simple way to fix it that I haven't contemplated? Is a special script necessary to run the games as normal?

Thanks in advance.

A

Advokaiser

I know about IWBTG having a MMF2 engine, but I'm talking about a very specific group of games that derived from it. There's a whole community dedicated to making IWBTG fangames, and they established a different engine than the original. Most of those fangames are made with GameMaker.

Opening one up, just to show you:

Note: I just tried to attach 2 download links from 2 different games to show the difference, but it seems that the forum doesn't let me. I understand, but the problem is still there!