• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM ini save files when testing/updating for IOS

M

Mendez

Hello, i recently started testing my game on ios device (Iphone 4 IOS7), everything went fine with setup, game loaded perfectly (used "Run normally") to launch/test my game,however everytime i "update" or test the game after making any changes, again by pressing run normally, save files are entirely gone (ini files), saving works just fine when turning off / restarting the game, only after updating game via "Run normally" save files are deleted, is there any way to prevent ini file loss while testing like this, or can i get better explanation on how updating apps or testing works so i dont loose save files in the process? thanks in advance

J

jackhigh24

dont have an ini file in the included folder as im guessing thats what you are doing. game maker makes it for you when you write and read to it, then it wont get replaced with an update.

M

Mendez

im probably not testing the game in proper way, it seems that pressing "Run normally" simply uninstall the app and install it fresh which is causing the issue, not sure how to avoid it tho

M

Mendez

so after spending hours on it, i still didnt came up with solution, all i figured out is that there was some changes in the way how games are built using "run normally" which is probably causing my issue, i dont really know how should i properly test my game on IOS without loosing my ini files each time i press "run". i also checked deeply what jackhigh24 said and i dont think thats the issue since my save files are completely gone and not replaced by anything (not even default values, nothing, just gone), thanks again