• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Inheritance with rooms. Problems in 2.3 (macOS)?

• Thread starter JensLeugengroot
  • Start date
J

JensLeugengroot

Hi,

I've stumbled about a problem with rooms and their children.

1. create a room (rDefault) and add a tile layer (tLayer_1) to it
2. create a children room to rDefault (rSecondRoom)
3. when you check the properties of rSecondRoom, everything is fine (it has tLayer_1 in it's properties)
4. now I add a second tile layer (tLayer_2) to rDefault
5. when I check rSecondRoom again, it still has only the tLayer_1 and not tLayer_2. This behavior applies to all changes I make to rDefault

Shouldn't the parent room inherit all changes to it's children? Even if these change are made to the parent, after the initial creation of the child?

Jens

J

JensLeugengroot

I just retried the same as above with version 2.2 and everything ist fine. When I change something in the parent element, after I created the child, the child gets updated as well.

So I presume, this is a bug in 2.3?

Jens

breakmt

Something is definitely wrong with 2.3. I have many problems with my project now, cause I use room inherence system... Did you send this bug to YoYo?

Slyddar

Yep, room inheritance is busted. Hard to believe this kind of bug is left in a final release, but alas, here we are.