Windows Infinity Slope

A

Andy

Infinity Slope is a free skiing game designed for Windows PCs. It's simple to learn and fun for people of all ages.

Requirements:
A modern PC running Windows XP, Vista, 7, or later.
A DirectX 9 (or later) compatible graphics card.
A DirectX 9 compatible sound card (or integrated sound chip).
A screen resolution of at least 1024x768.
256+ MB Memory
8+ MB Storage

Download:
Direct (box), Mirror 1 (Dropbox), Mirror 2 (Google)
Downloads include manual and source code*.

* This game was made in a few days for fun. The source code is really messy. I include the source, however I don't encourage it be used for educational purposes.:p

F

Fuzenrad

Though simple, it was a very fun game, really liked it. Cool the "jump" feedback (with the shadow decreasing). Would be nice if you retake this project.

J

JimmyBG

Great little game! Reminds me of SkiFree from back in the day (you just need to add the abominable snow man)

A

Aura

(Review time! I promised @Yal to review her game first, but itch.io seems to have been banned in India lately, so yours is gonna be the first The GMC Rad Reviewers' review!)

Infinity Slope

By:- Andy

The game did not have much content but was fun in the sense that it had some replay value. Vertical scrolling games are always fun to way. And Infinity Slope was a cute little one.

The graphics were not really great but they had got some potential. Not to mention the different player sprites that I did not understand how they swapped. Probably had got something to do with the scoring system. The graphics were glitching a bit when the player was rolling down, perhaps due to not being drawn properly or being moved inappropriately. But good job overall!

The music and sound effects were nice too. But I would have loved them even more if the main menu had some music too. I was startled by the music suddenly starting. It could have the music a bit less louder than the sound effects or probably a rising intonation, so as not to startle somebody who was not expecting any music at all. But nice job on that as well. ^^'

No comments on the gameplay, but the game would have been better if it had a variety of obstacles in the beginning itself. I could not even see the ice pits. Another thing that I noticed is that even if you collide with the snow lump sideways, you are still thrown off the ground, so that's not expected behaviour I guess.

The game was overall fun to play and great for arcade fans like me. If I were to give it a score, I would have rated it 6/10. Good job!

Review by:- Aura, Member of The GMC Rad Reviewers' Club

A

Andy

Though simple, it was a very fun game, really liked it. Cool the "jump" feedback (with the shadow decreasing). Would be nice if you retake this project.
Thank you for the reply Fuzenrad! A full Infinity Slope remake is a possibility, I would like to make an enhanced HTML5 version at some point.

Great little game! Reminds me of SkiFree from back in the day (you just need to add the abominable snow man)
Thank you for the kind words JimmyBG! SkiFree played a large role in inspiring me to make a skiing game.

(Review time! I promised @Yal to review her game first, but itch.io seems to have been banned in India lately, so yours is gonna be the first The GMC Rad Reviewers' review!)
First! :cool:
Infinity Slope

By:- Andy

The game did not have much content but was fun in the sense that it had some replay value. Vertical scrolling games are always fun to way. And Infinity Slope was a cute little one.

The graphics were not really great but they had got some potential. Not to mention the different player sprites that I did not understand how they swapped. Probably had got something to do with the scoring system. The graphics were glitching a bit when the player was rolling down, perhaps due to not being drawn properly or being moved inappropriately. But good job overall!

The music and sound effects were nice too. But I would have loved them even more if the main menu had some music too. I was startled by the music suddenly starting. It could have the music a bit less louder than the sound effects or probably a rising intonation, so as not to startle somebody who was not expecting any music at all. But nice job on that as well. ^^'

No comments on the gameplay, but the game would have been better if it had a variety of obstacles in the beginning itself. I could not even see the ice pits. Another thing that I noticed is that even if you collide with the snow lump sideways, you are still thrown off the ground, so that's not expected behaviour I guess.

The game was overall fun to play and great for arcade fans like me. If I were to give it a score, I would have rated it 6/10. Good job!

Review by:- Aura, Member of The GMC Rad Reviewers' Club
Thank you for the in depth review Aura, you have brought up a collection of great points! :) The game would be way better with a much larger collection of obstacles. I also completely overlooked menu music! :eek: I will avoid that in the future.

I see what you mean about the graphics at the bottom freaking out sometimes. I figured out why, when I create a new object (like a tree), if there is another object under it the new object will destroy itself. This was to prevent objects from being on top of each other. I will patch this bug in a future build, by moving the object creation system down farther out of view.