• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Infinity sign in game maker

skofrant

how to get infinity sign in game maker?

Is there a font that is able to display such a sign? I'd like to use it with unlimited weapons.
if so, how then to trigger such a sign?

Thanks

GMWolf

aka fel666
You would have to make sure it is included in your fonts glyph range.
The Manual should have all the info to learn how to setup fonts for different character ranges.

skofrant

the only question is how to trigger it .. maybe someone present has already done something like that?
I know, I know spricie it's not a problem, but I wanted the font ... without the sprite ..

woods

from looking at your code earlier..
drawing infinity sprite for weapon0 ammo....
something like this?

Code:
var i = current_weapon;
{
if !(i = 0)
  {
  draw_text(x+32,y+96,"ammo: "+string(global.wep[i,e_wep.ammo])); // draw ammo count
  }
else
  {
draw_sprite(spr_infinity,0,x+32, y+96);  // draw infinity for weapon0 ammo
  }

draw_text(x+32,y+48,"wep: "+string(global.wep[i,e_wep.name])); // draw weapon name 
}

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
If the font you're using supports the glyph, and the font resource has that glyph included in its character range, you can just draw it normally:
GML:
draw_text(x, y, "∞");

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
You can also use the option to use your own font created with sprites and replace a character you don't use with an infinite sign (Maybe the characters @, §, *, ¬)
I did it on my 2D engine which is in my signature.