Infinite Runner ideas

C

CoderJoe

So I've got this idea for an infinite runner but I'm deliberating on some core mechanics and wanted some feedback. The main idea is a bird (no not a flappy bird clone) that flies and hits specific things. I don't want to give to much away.
Now I could do it landscape mode and have movement done my tapping and holding (like in tiny wings) or portrait mode with more reaction based tapping movement. What would more people enjoy in infinite runners like this?

D

DyingSilence

It's funny, you say you have an idea and then you describe how much you don't :-D

I think tapping is simpler and less static, also vertical games tend to be more reaction based.

If I was about to make an endless runner, I'd try something that hasn't been done before.

For a tappy bird mechanics, you can add powerups and unlocks, but the player can hold one at once. For example a spring could bounce the bird off the wall in case of fatal collision, and then break or get lost.

RangerX

Did you play Super Mario Run?
This, in my opinion, is the best runner game since Canabalt and Jetpack Joyride.
It might inspire you, who knows