Asset - Demo Infinite Random Generation Engine

P

PixHil Entertainment

Hey guys!

This is a bit of a promo for an asset i'm very excited to announce.

I've been working very hard over the last few weeks to bring you guys a simple random generation engine!

Features:
  • Random Chunk Generation Engine
  • Beautiful Particle System
  • Reusable Scripts and Examples
  • Full Physics Sandbox
  • Focus on Performance
  • As well as much more!
I've taken a lot of care with how the demo was developed, I made sure that everything could be
extracted and easily used for any game not just a space simulation.

I'm a full time software engineer and part of my job is to make sure code is extremely efficient and maintainable so I've made sure to incorporate what I deem are the best practices and I've commented most if not all of the scripts.

Even if you don't check out the asset (linked below)
https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/7563/random-generation-engine

Check out the promo vid:

Cheers,
Blake

Thanks! The voice over guy is from Fiverr. He's not cheap for commercial products however!
Ahh...ok...I swear he sounds just like the Screen Junkies youtube channel Honest Trailers voice over guy.

I regret to inform you that in your last piece of text, Marketplace is spelt incorrectly...

Also, what does the Random Chunk Generation Engine do, is that simply generating asteroids randomly, or something else/more?

P

PixHil Entertainment

Ahh...ok...I swear he sounds just like the Screen Junkies youtube channel Honest Trailers voice over guy.

I regret to inform you that in your last piece of text, Marketplace is spelt incorrectly...

Also, what does the Random Chunk Generation Engine do, is that simply generating asteroids randomly, or something else/more?

Wouldn't be surprised if that YouTube channel used the same guy.

Ah well can't be bother changing it now haha
Seems I forgot the r!

The Random Generation engine doesn't just randomly generate asteroids. It generates any object randomly based on the objects liklyhood of being spawned.

I've used it further in a personal projects where I've been able to generate quest givers and objectives. I might think about including those in a later date.

So it's not just about spawning objects randomly, it's much more, however the random generation is the 'hook' I suppose.

I've designed the project in components which can be easily extracted into your own projects. Say you want to see how I've made the dynamic camera which can smoothly change targets on the fly, it's included.
Say you want to see how build a scalable particle system, I've got that too.
So there's much more in the demo than just the random generation.

Everything is coded cleanly, it's an example of good practice too because as everyone on here probably knows extensively, GML is so flexible it allows programmers to shoot themselves in the foot most of the time which is big downfall of having such an easy, flexible language.

I'm attempting to lead by example on how to protect yourself from spaghetti code.
I'm sure nothing I've done is classified as 'perfect' then again, what's perfect?