Infinit vertical room without parallex

Viciousse

Dear All,

First, i wich you a better year!

I want to make a tds with an "infinit" vertical room, without using parallax, is there any way to do so?

Thank you for your help.

Fielmann

I've used a tilemap that keeps moving downwards. At certain intervals, generate a new row of tiles that enters view, and destroy the row that leaves view.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
What exactly do you mean with "parallax"? Scrolling backgrounds, scrolling objects, something different entirely?
  • The room boundaries doesn't really matter, so you can just keep moving upwards out of the room if you want.
  • Alternatively, you can have everything move downwards but have the view and player stationary, so it looks like you're moving up.
  • If being inside the room is important for some reason, you could have a room that's 2 screens tall, and whenever you reach the top, move everything down 1 screen and keep going.

Viciousse

• If being inside the room is important for some reason, you could have a room that's 2 screens tall, and whenever you reach the top, move everything down 1 screen and keep going.
Thank you for your replay;
Being inside the room is important, since i use a camera that follow the player (upward) movements, how can i use your last suggestion?

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Thank you for your replay;
Being inside the room is important, since i use a camera that follow the player (upward) movements, how can i use your last suggestion?
GML:
var wh = camera_get_view_height(view_camera[0]);
if(camera_get_view_y(view_camera[0]) <= 0){
  with(all){
    y += wh
  }
}