In memory of the 3D game techniques forum.

M

Misty

:potato: 3D Game Techniques :potato:

I miss the olden days. All of the old members are gone. This topic is dedicated to the Pink white and blue days and all the old members of the 3D game techniques forum. We dedicate this topic to their name.

R.I.P. Tepi, Jesper, KCLC, monkeydude, NEED Help Sorta, mr.cooljamesbond, Yourself, WarriorArtiste, qwertyhop, xygthop23, superjoebob, dmitko, BillyGoat, abacus, ThatGamesGuy, xot, desertdog, SInaz, raganark, GameGenius, and that Christian guy who used to flood the forum with religious propaganda. You will be remembered.

Yourself (Kyle Smith) is probably hunted by the academic mafia for not paying his 100,000 dollar college debt. You will be missed.

FredFrederickson is all we have left, a remnant from those halycon days.
A toast, to days gone by.

Last edited:

Roa

:potato: 3D Game Techniques :potato:

I miss the olden days. All of the old members are gone. This topic is dedicated to the Pink white and blue days and all the old members of the 3D game techniques forum. We dedicate this topic to their name.

R.I.P. Tepi, Jesper, KCLC, monkeydude, NEED Help Sorta, mr.cooljamesbond, Yourself, WarriorArtiste, qwertyhop, xygthop23, superjoebob, dmitko, BillyGoat, abacus, ThatGamesGuy, xot, desertdog, SInaz, raganark, GameGenius, and that Christian guy who used to flood the forum with religious propaganda. You will be remembered.

Yourself (Kyle Smith) is probably hunted by the academic mafia for not paying his 100,000 dollar college debt. You will be missed.

FredFrederickson is all we have left, a remnant from those halycon days.
A toast, to days gone by.
Who even are you? Also that "religious guy" that spread "propaganda" is still around. I saw his signature in another person's post.

M

Misty

Who even are you? Also that "religious guy" that spread "propaganda" is still around. I saw his signature in another person's post.
I'm more concerned about that pic of terrain in the post. It looks smoother than mine.

I am currently stuck on smoothing the vertex normals, I know what the technique is but I am being overburned by the length of code which exceeds the dim's of the page. Is there a script that auto smooths the normals for d3d_models (in-game not like marzipan external editors).

M

Misu

Hey I am a 3D guru too. I rarely talk about 3D and never mention it to people. Btw, use vertex buffering instead. d3d_model isnt efficient enough :p

Roa

Hey I am a 3D guru too. I rarely talk about 3D and never mention it to people. Btw, use vertex buffering instead. d3d_model isnt efficient enough :p
I was thinking the same thing :/ I never made anything cool for people to use, but I commented on near every new 3d topic post with some form of guidance or "you could do this and make it better " that I could lol.

O

orange451

I knew there was someone missing, and infact that person was you.
You're a sweetheart

I messaged Nocturne about getting a 3d game techniques forum a few days ago. He never replied :/
You would think I would at least get a no. Though I guess this is what normally happens when anything 3d-related is suggested.

slojanko

You're a sweetheart

I messaged Nocturne about getting a 3d game techniques forum a few days ago. He never replied :/
You would think I would at least get a no. Though I guess this is what normally happens when anything 3d-related is suggested.
I would really love to see this happen. 3d and shaders forums were the things I loved to check out. That's where you saw gm being pushed to its max.

M

Misty