• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

In game exporters?

R

Red Fox Studios|Game Dev

Hey, everyone! I'd like to know how to make an in-game exporter. What I mean is basically a level editor with the ability to export the level as an EXE file or console application files. Is this possible? Any help would be much appreciated! Have a great day and adios! :D

The-any-Key

You mean export a exe from a game maker compiled project?

Or do you mean save a map file from a project you have created?

chamaeleon

Create an EXE from a compiled project.
Might run afoul of "4 ii. Do not copy, modify, merge, distribute, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works of: (i) Publisher Property (unless specifically agreed otherwise with the relevant Publisher); or (ii) the YYG Platforms."
Besides it probably not being possible (without very significant work probably involving extensions), exporting an EXE using a game created by GameMaker could maybe be interpreted as your game being a derivative work. Needless to say, IANAL.

sylvain_l

Create an EXE from a compiled project.
As @chamaeleon said, you can't reverse engineer or include yyg in any form into your app.
But you are free to create your own compiler, or use one that suits your needs (there are GPL, MIT, BSD compiler around; so theoretically you could include that to be able to build .exe)

^^ seriously, I'm not sure you need that, whatabout just allow users to export and load map in a bin format (or any other) within your game ?

R

Red Fox Studios|Game Dev

As @chamaeleon said, you can't reverse engineer or include yyg in any form into your app.
But you are free to create your own compiler, or use one that suits your needs (there are GPL, MIT, BSD compiler around; so theoretically you could include that to be able to build .exe)

^^ seriously, I'm not sure you need that, whatabout just allow users to export and load map in a bin format (or any other) within your game ?
Yeah, seems like a good idea!