• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

in deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Misty

So my dad got in a car crash, hes financially in the hole about 700 dollars. Doesn't count also my family's water heater don't work anymore and nobody can take baths or showers. So we need about 1700 dollars to be a functioning household. I was also planning on buying a digital pen tablet with a screen to do art, it costs about 300 dollars. I had one of those screenless one's, just couldn't use so I gave to a friend.

Life can get depressing. I take back my earlier blaspheming about old mario, I think old mario is great. Just something about it is so magical. I was watching videos of the old mario games and it just brought me back to the good old days. And then I get an ad, for one of those "hua" games about spear-throwing savages, with that drum music going in the background, and it's like, they make everything so serious with games, why so serious I say? Modern games its all like "hua" and just, throwing rocks around, with serious cinematic music and its just, like a culture drain.

Basically, I made this thread to raise a kickstarter, or go fund me or something, for 2000 dollars. But my dad does not want his identity known to the world. In this day and age where privacy is mocked I think it is important for humans to remain free and their privacy respected. So I'd like a kickstarter where there are no personal videos or photos, but just, privacy is respected. Being as I am not a worldly person, the type of person who was usually bullied at school, I am not sure what the best way to go about these things in terms of social matters.

...I am not sure what the best way to go about these things in terms of social matters.
"Hi, I'd like to apply for a job. Here's my resume."

No offense, but it's not the internet's job to take care of your shortcomings. If you don't work, get a job and help out your father, as well as to pay for your tablet.

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
@Misty, sorry to hear about your financial woes. But soliciting donations on the GMC isn't appropriate.

We allow crowd-funding notices for game development as part of a Work in Progress demo topic, for example. But not for non-game related personal donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.