• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

In-built tuts?, embedded browser back button?

K

Kai

Starting hurdles aaaarrrrgh.

With the addition of standard forum signup password problem, why oh why oh why. 10 characters!! ill never remeber that password without writing it down. which destroys the point,

Anyway, questions are : where are the gamemaker in-built tutorials as shown on the tutorial page?
And: is there a back buttonfor the embedded browser window, or is there anyway of popping it out?
if i minimise it i cant find it again, if i need to go back in the asteroids tutorial, i have to reboot the software.

Any help?

ps: hi, im kai, 3D artist, mograph, vfx and more recently game design, programming and 10,000 other jobs that pop up - doer.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
You can find the downloaded tutorial' pages by navigating to "%LOCALAPPDATA%/GameMaker-Studio/Tutorials" via Explorer.
There usually should be a "previous" button under built-in browser, but you can also press Backscape key to go back if the embedded browser is focused.
Locations of any given page can be discovered by right-clicking browser area and picking "Properties" - "Address (URL)" field will show location of the file (or URL if it's online)

K

Kai

Good advice on browser thank you.
But, there is only a style sheet in that folder where tutorials should be, only 890bytes. Can i download that set of tutorials and put them there manually? i could get by with just a point and click tds movement tut for today. ******

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kai

Can I bump my post? i still dont have any in built tutorials in the software, and i have the pro edition. they still not there. just noticed demo games not there too.

NM... Eureka!.. The confusion is because, the tutorials are no longer built- in. I have to use these instructions:

"Adding an RSS feed to GameMaker:Studio couldn't be simpler. Once you have started up the program, click on the Tutorials or Demos tab (whichever one the feed you wish to add is for) then right-click the "Tutorial Feed" top tier category. You will see two options: Properties, and Add. Click Add then paste the link for the feed that you wish to aggregate to the list."

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

I couldn't find anything to right-click, nothing was working and the demos and tutorials sections were empty.

I ended up grabbing the zip file with all the demos and tutorials from this page and copying them manually, which worked fine.