• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX In app purchases MacOS export

clee2005

When building for the Mac App store (checkbox on the MacOS packaging tab under options) my projects will build and code sign appropriately (seemingly anyway), but when I try to run the .app to test it crashes with the too familiar :

1637171600139.png

I tried the suggested : xattr -d com.apple.quarantine but that doesn't seem to be the issue here. What I'm currently looking into is this error I'm seeing from App Wrapper 4 : Missing arm64; Contents/Resources/libmaciapextension.dylib.

Is it possible that libmaciapextension.dylib doesn't support arm64 and building now on a Macbook with the M1 chip is causing the build to fail? I just can't seem to build successfully for MacOS for the Apple App Store on this M1 machine - and it was working fine on my previous intel Macbook.

The projects will build and I can run them from the .app file if I don't check the "Build for Mac App Store" option. The IAPs are not working (perhaps because of the missing ARM64?). I'm also signed out of the App Store and using a sandbox test account as required for IAP testing.

When I look at the console I see this :
GML:
<ReceiptRefreshRequest: 0x157149160>: Error fetching receipt for com.donkeysoft.wordwowaroundtheworld.mac - Error Domain=com.apple.commerce.client Code=500 "(null)"
StoreLegacy: Failed to renew receipt for application at path /Users/chris/GameMakerStudio2/WWatw/GMS2MAC/WordWowAroundTheWorld/Mac_Runner - App Store (UB)/Word Wow Around The World.app : 'The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.commerce.client error 500.)'
I've tried signing out of iCloud, and the the sandbox account, and resetting them and resigning in and restarting the mac, and clearing caches... just cannot get it to run from the .app file to test it.

I guess my question is : does anyone do In-app purchasing and build successfully from an M1 Mac for the Mac App Store?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:

clee2005

Ok I found out that the inability to open the .app after building for the App Store comes from "YYMacStoreReceipt" key/value that is generated in the *-info.plist. Removing that allowed the .app to run without the "damaged" message above.

The IAP extension missing the ARM64 version seems to still be an issue though.