In App Purchases, is there a better way?

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by GrandFree, Oct 20, 2018.

1. GrandFree

GrandFree Member

So I've implemented the code from the guide for an In App Purchase and so far it's working perfectly.

The problem I'm having is..the way it works.

From what I can tell, the only way to verify if a person has purchased an IAP is to read from a secure ds_map file that was saved previously (or if it's already in memory).

What if that file gets deleted from their phone? Those that mean someone who's spent hundreds of dollars on IAP's is completely out of luck? Or, someone manages to decrypt that file and change it themselves.

Is there no way to verify from the Google Play store directly if an IAP is owned by the user? This isn't really explained in the guide.

2. Genetix

Genetix Member

I believe that Google Play keeps track of IAP based on user accounts. The DS Map file is more of a way for the local device/app itself to determine the status of existing IAP purchases and see if it needs to call a check with Google Play. (Could be a bit off).