• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Improvements to the marketplace

tearzz

I currently think there's a couple of issues with the current GameMaker Marketplace when uploading a tool/asset
  • Would be easier to use regular markdown syntax (e.g. three backticks for codeblocks instead of 4 spaces) when writing a description or patch notes
  • Ability to edit patch notes for the latest version. Currently there's no way to preview it, so if something is messed up, should be added or removed, it can only be done with a new version
  • When uploading an asset with a version number (before publishing), then removing it, then uploading a new one, that version number is not available anymore even though the previous version number was never published. This forces the developer to change the version number even though the developer might just have forgotten to include something in the asset

I'm sure I had some other things, but I can't remember them right now. Perhaps some of you other members from the community would want some things to be improved / changed on the GM Marketplace?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You should file a bug report with these things so YYG will see it. Posting them here on the forum doesn't usually reach them, and tbh, these sound more like bugs than suggestions.