• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Importing vectors (swf) not working

P

primarypete

Hi - new to this so please treat me as an idiot...

I'm trying to import a vector animation (super simple, just a motion tween of 5 frames, no code attached, into GM. My understaning is you can only import swfs (although I thought I'd read somewhere svg too??).

I tried creating a sprite and importing images but the svg is not selectable and when I import the swf I get the image attached (a white rectangle with a big red x). I've tried making a 1 frame, no animation swf and I am getting the same problem. Also have the same problem with a random swf found on the internet. I'm on a Mac.

Any help very much appreciated!

Attachments

L

Lonewolff

You idiot! :D

Just kidding.

What are you creating your SWF's with? If it is Illustrator by any chance, I found that I have to export them as version 9 (from memory).

As far as I know SVG's don't work. But they may have added them in a recent-ish update, so don't hold me to that one.

P

primarypete

:eek:!

Thanks for tip with illustrator - I'm generating an animated swf in Flash CS6

JackTurbo

SVG support is on the GMS2 roadmap but to my knowledge isnt in engine yet.

Are you exporting to the right type of swf? You need to backsave it to an older version type when exporting from flash. (the ide tells you if your importing the wrong type).

Also generally in my experience they dont tend to preview in the sprite editor, but will appear when you run the game.

P

primarypete

Thanks! You're spot on - it is actually there when published. Not displaying quite right yet so I'll have a fiddle with the publishing options in flash and see what I can do :)