• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Importing my project into another (Like a marketplace project)

C

Cappa Games

I'm creating an engine I want to be able to import into every new project I create. How do I import my engine into another one of my projects. If I use a Yoyo Games demo, all I have to do is press import all and it's automatically imported into my project. So how do I import one of my projects into the other just like this, quick and simple?

C

Cappa Games

Don't you just export your engine project as an extension? Then you can import it into another project? I haven't played around with setting up a base project or extension before, so am just thinking out loud based on stuff I had read in the manual:
https://docs2.yoyogames.com/index.html?page=source/_build/2_interface/1_editors/extensions.html
I want to be able to import sprites, objects,scripts, etc. and I want to be able to modify them as I need. It seems if you add it through extensions, you have to pick and choose each file manually and then you can't modify them in the new project. I could be wrong, and if so, I hope someone can clear things up for me.