• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Importing item sprite sheet with no animations

R

Rumthorp

I have a large sprite sheet with roughly 256 items on it. I want to create 256 individual files from that sheet with each containing a single sprite. Is there a way to do that in one operation is the same way you can with a sprite sheet intended for animation? I can't find a guide on this.

Thanks in advance.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I'm afraid this can't be done with GMS. You'd need to cut the file up yourself and save each part as single PNG images. You can then drag and drop all the PNGs onto the IDE to add them as sprites.

DukeSoft

The only thing I know of is using the "import from strip", in which you can define how GM cuts up the image into seperate frames. Allthough the result is you have 256 frames in 1 sprites, I think that might be even better than having 256 seperate sprites :) Easier to manage that way.