• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Importing Images In Order

R

robproctor83

I must be missing something. I have 20 separate png images that make up a single animation. In GMS2 I make a new sprite, edit it and then choose Image > Import Image(s) and then select the 20 photos all at once and click ok. When it loads up the photos they are all out of order. The sprites are named:

small_flaming_00.png
small_flaming_01.png
small_flaming_02.png
small_flaming_10.png
small_flaming_20.png

What am I doing wrong???

R

robproctor83

FYI I found if I use the import button on the Sprite window, not the image editor, it imports in the right order.

H

Homunculus

I get the same result with both methods, the images are in order. I'm on MacOS though. What version of the IDE are you using?

Edit: looks like the order is not based on the filename, but on how the images are select from the filesystem. If I list the files in a specific order, say by size instead of name, that order is kept when importing. Try ordering the files correctly in the file select dialog

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
It may be importing them in the order you selected them, or sort them alphanumerically (with unintentional side effects) before importing? If this behavior is inconsistent between two different interfaces that lead to the same thing (but reproducible in both), I suggest filing a bug report.

bagenew

Thx, I met the same problem, and found ur answer,importing from the sprite window worked,another strange issue with gms2 o_O