• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Imported 1.4 project flickering

W

WalterPease

I've imported a project from Gamemaker Studio 1.4 where loads of objects use their y coordinate to determine draw depth. After importing my project, when I generate a bunch of objects, or move my player object around, every object on the screen flickers like crazy, and every instance below the moving object becomes invisible for a few frames.

Here is a screenshot from GMS 1.4 working fine:
normal 2.png

And here's the exact same project on GMS 2:
borked 2.png

You can see how all of the wall pieces and decoration, the player(little red guy), and the wood crates have disappeared, along with the little fire particles on the bottom two torch things, while the top two had the glow disappear instead.

Let me know if you've got any suggestions or questions. I'd really like to start using GMS 2's new features but, the game's visuals are so broken I can't test the game.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file a bug and attach the project so we can take a look and fix (or advise on a fix to you)

Russell

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Looks like you have some things that aren't in the same depth order. Anything at "equal" depth do not have guaranteed drawing order - this is the same as 1.x, but you may have gotten away with it back then. Check your objects are in the correct layer order. if you want something on top of something else, it has to be in a different layer (or depth), creation order does not guarantee draw order.