• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Import Sprite Bugs

F

Frolacosta

I believe I have found a bug in GMS2 in regards to the import sprite button when creating a new sprite. I am unsure if there is a specific place to report bugs (Can't find one anywhere), so I thought I would post it here to see if anyone else has the same issue. If there is somewhere to report bugs directly to YoYoGames, could someone please link that?

It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I click on the Import button, when creating a new sprite, the entire program crashes. There is no error message, and the program never responds again. Other times, the import button won't cause the program to crash, but it won't bring up the import file window either, nothing at all happens no matter how many times I click the import button.

As I said, this doesn't happen all the time and restarting the program ocassionally fixes it. It seems to be luck wether or not it will work each time.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, are there any settings which may fix it?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, you can report a bug directly from the IDE... the Help menu should have the option. As for your issues:

It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I click on the Import button, when creating a new sprite, the entire program crashes.
This is a known issue and is related to the Windows Creator update as it only started happening after that. There has been some work done to the IDE to minimise this issue, but it's something that MS need to address as it's not just GMS that it's happening to.

Other times, the import button won't cause the program to crash, but it won't bring up the import file window either, nothing at all happens no matter how many times I click the import button.
This is something I've not seen mentoned anywhere before, so definitely file a bug report for it, please!

F

Frolacosta

Okay, you can report a bug directly from the IDE... the Help menu should have the option.
Ah yes, I didn't think of looking there! I instead went straight to the YoYoGames website! I'll be sure to report the second bug I am experiencing, hopefully Microsoft can address the issue soon!