1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Implementing code for Google Admob

Discussion in 'Programming' started by PixelPluto, Aug 3, 2019.

1. PixelPluto

PixelPluto Member

These might be some stupid questions, but I haven't found an answer on them anywhere, and I'm just unsure about it.

I implemented the code for Admob banner ads in my Android game as shown in the Google Mobile Ads setup, and everything works fine so far. Now I would like to build the final APK for the Playstore, and I don't know if or what I should do about this line of code:

GoogleMobileAds_UseTestAds(true, "E3DAE5ACB5072BA36197B94E287927C9");

(This is the line from the setup page, of course I used my own test device id.)

Should I just set this on "false" for my final APK, or should I completely delete it? I probably should just delete it, but like I wrote, I'm not sure about this.

And how do I implement these here:

GoogleMobileAds_HideBanner();
    GoogleMobileAds_ShowBanner();

I wanted the banner to only show in the room where the game takes place, so I tried to implement the above two lines in a step or create event in one or the other way, but nothing has worked so far. I found a work around for it, but maybe someone could give some tips for this.

Many thanks for any advice about my two questions above :) .