• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Immersion Haptics not in Studio 2?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
No immersion have asked for the haptics library to be removed and we will not be adding it again - it is also removed from GMS1

BUT anyone can make an extension and add it themselves, I believe Immersion have a new API that can be used.

Russell

zbox

GMC Elder
"Hello would you like a wide userbase to be exposed to your product"

"No"

Weird.. :p

W

WWAZman

no longer available, (or at least, says You don't have access to that) .. was available a week or two ago, I was waiting for a email back seeing if it works on Pi and Oreo.. I was just sitting down to actually BUY Gamemaker 2 after a 3 year hiatus in my game making, but since ..well,... *ALL* my games rely on haptic feedback, I can't update them or make new ones without it! (One is a tactile response bubble popping game which is no fun without the buzzing) .. would greatly appreciate some assistance on this, I want to get back into the game.. pun intended! :D

Mick

no longer available, (or at least, says You don't have access to that) .. was available a week or two ago, I was waiting for a email back seeing if it works on Pi and Oreo.. I was just sitting down to actually BUY Gamemaker 2 after a 3 year hiatus in my game making, but since ..well,... *ALL* my games rely on haptic feedback, I can't update them or make new ones without it! (One is a tactile response bubble popping game which is no fun without the buzzing) .. would greatly appreciate some assistance on this, I want to get back into the game.. pun intended! :D
I have now updated my "Haptics" extension to support Android 8.0+ phones, it is available again on the Marketplace. You need to replace "Haptics.java" with the one in included files as stated on the details tab when targeting Android 8.0+.

Mick

I removed the Haptics extension from the marketplace due to not having the devices needed to update it properly for Android 8.0+ devices.