Android Immersion Haptics not in Studio 2?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by ClassyGoat, Oct 31, 2017.

1. ClassyGoat

ClassyGoat Member

2. rwkay

rwkay YoYo Games Staff YYG Staff

No immersion have asked for the haptics library to be removed and we will not be adding it again - it is also removed from GMS1

BUT anyone can make an extension and add it themselves, I believe Immersion have a new API that can be used.

Russell

3. zbox

zbox Member GMC Elder

"Hello would you like a wide userbase to be exposed to your product"

"No"

Weird.. :p

4. Dmi7ry

Dmi7ry Member

5. ClassyGoat

ClassyGoat Member

6. WWAZman

WWAZman Member

no longer available, (or at least, says You don't have access to that) .. was available a week or two ago, I was waiting for a email back seeing if it works on Pi and Oreo.. I was just sitting down to actually BUY Gamemaker 2 after a 3 year hiatus in my game making, but since ..well,... *ALL* my games rely on haptic feedback, I can't update them or make new ones without it! (One is a tactile response bubble popping game which is no fun without the buzzing) .. would greatly appreciate some assistance on this, I want to get back into the game.. pun intended! :D

7. Mick

Mick Member

I have now updated my "Haptics" extension to support Android 8.0+ phones, it is available again on the Marketplace. You need to replace "Haptics.java" with the one in included files as stated on the details tab when targeting Android 8.0+.

8. Mick

Mick Member

I removed the Haptics extension from the marketplace due to not having the devices needed to update it properly for Android 8.0+ devices.

9. drahmykerl

drahmykerl Member

why?
    I realy need Haptics in my new game

10. Mick

Mick Member

This should be a built in feature in GMS2. I don't have the time nor possibility (should have phones with different Android versions etc.) to support that extension any more.

Lonewolff likes this.