• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Images on the screen blurred

O

OneOnline

Hello!
My question is: how can we ever get rid of the blur effect?
Here, for example in the video:
Look at the green bars. When I start to move, they are just blurred. Somehow it is possible to correct it?
For large images is not noticeable. But with such small, very clearly visible. The green bars approach each other and then back to the normal position (in fact always in the same position), and all because of the blurring.

Application surface OFF, Interpolate colors ON, Sync ON. I have tried in different ways, the same effect.

R

renex

upload_2016-12-11_21-3-39.png

This is caused by LCD screens having a slight delay when updating frames. You always see a little bit of the previous frame on the new frame.

Now, if the effect persists on screenshots, then your drawing isn't properly clearing the screen. If that's the case then you needto clear the backbuffer (either enable the relevant option on room settings, or draw_clear on a pre draw event).

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Rounding view coordinates and drawing coordinates usually fixes it. If the graphics are scaled by odd ratios while drawing, the effect may persist as you are asking GPU to draw you fractional pixels.

RangerX

^^ Good cue YellowAfterlife but ...

this really looks like monitor's ghosting effect there. That's why she (he?) filmed his monitor and that we can see it. Besides, if it was a scaling issue it would been blurred/deformed even when it doesn't move.
To get rid of this you can pump up the refresh rate of your monitor (if ever you can) and else you buy a better one with a faster response time. It shouldn't be a problem anymore today even with LCD-type monitors.

O

OneOnline

I can see it on the monitor on the laptop (other monitors I do not have). And yes, I recorded it on camera because of this, since the screenshots all right.
The problem is that the same effect see the other people on their monitors. That's why I think it's precisely how I write code. Usually, all monitors have a frequency of 60, and that I need to adapt to this standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OneOnline

On my smartphone SGS7 Edge all looks much better, but this is probably due to the resolution (in 2560 against my 1920). But there is still a blur, though in an acceptable amount.

RangerX

Its the frequency of the monitor. Its the response time of pixels on the screen. The speed at which they change colors. The highest the contrast of colors, the more ghosting you will perceive.
You cannot do anything about this outside buying a faster monitor. Higher resolution also help since the pixels are smaller (therefore the blur is smaller)