• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Image_speed of 1 not working

T

TheNinjaTuna

Hi everyone! Im new in this forum but i have been using game maker for quite a while now, and i have no idea why i got stuck at this point, i have multiple sprites, the one i'm interested in has 60 frames, now in the create event of the obj im usingi have image_speed = 1;
This object has a draw event and it draws multiple sprites (one of those is the animated sprite)
The problem is that with image_speed = 1, it won't cycle the animation, while with a speed of 1.25 or one of its
multiples it works nice and clean but since i'll have to use an animation end event i might run in some errors and even if i don't i would like to know the reason of my mistake.
Note:
In the others events i never call the image_speed so it can't be overwritten.
My game is a physical world, so the obj controlling the sprite is indeed a phy object.

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my english since it isn't my primary language :D:D

T

TheNinjaTuna

This is the draw code:
///Draw sprites
//Legs
draw_sprite_ext(sp_legs, moving, x, y+10, obj_center.looking, 1, 0, c_white, 1);
//Head
draw_sprite_ext(sp_head, 0, x, y-35, 1, obj_center.looking, (obj_angle.angle)-(35*obj_center.looking), c_white, 1);

The legs are the ones supposed to be animating, moving is set to -1 whenever i move and set back to 0 when i stop.
If i put 0 in the subimage argument of draw_sprite_ext whatever the image_speed is, it doesn't animate. :/

TheouAegis

What sprite does the object actually have? The object won't even animate if there's no sprite assigned to it.

T

TheNinjaTuna

Hmmm so how can i draw multiple sprites with a single object and make one of those animate, im setting the sub image to 0 only when moving is = to 0, so it is set as -1 when it is supposed to move. Problem is that i don't really understand how with a image_speed of 1, it does not work, while with one of 1.25 (or 2.5, 5, 10 etc...) it does animate :/
Sorry for bothering but i have never really used draw_sprite_ext :D
Oh almost forgot, to TheouAegis, the object has a sprite only for the hitbox, it is supposed to be invisible once the game is done :D

Last edited by a moderator: