• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Image resizing issue

Rossiter

So, I have a 2200×720 image I want to use for my game. But I found out it was blurry when I used it in game, and I found out why - it was automatically resizing to 1100×360. Is there a way to prevent this? If so, how?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Make sure that the image is not any bigger than the texture page size. This sounds like you're using 2048 texturepages and so GMS2 is scaling the image down to fit, and then scaling it up to draw it. Make the texture page 4096 or split the image in 2 (or more) chunks.

Rossiter

Make sure that the image is not any bigger than the texture page size. This sounds like you're using 2048 texturepages and so GMS2 is scaling the image down to fit, and then scaling it up to draw it. Make the texture page 4096 or split the image in 2 (or more) chunks.
Ohh, so that's why we need to change the size. Thank you so much!