• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Image editor needs a blend/replace switch

F

Feronar

I like the new image editor, but it needs a blend/replace switch like there was in GMS1. In blend mode, when you draw over something with a semi-transparent colour, it just draws over whatever is behind it, and the thing behind it is still visible, while in replace mode it erases and replaces whatever was behind what you were drawing. It is something that is absolutely essential when working with semi-transparent colours. Thanks.

csanyk

Hmm, I wonder if their intent was that we should use layers for blending? I think having a blend/replace mode in the tools would still be desired, even if that's what it is.

F

Feronar

Hmm, I wonder if their intent was that we should use layers for blending?
If that's the case, then drawing over an existing image on the same layer should replace, not blend. Right now, it blends.