• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Image Editor Mirror Brush Tool

B

behxmot

A twofold question, both folds about Mirror Brush Tool.

1. I click it & it gets unclicked instantly, I then click on the canvas, nothing seems to happen (same with Flip Brush Tool). What am I doing wrong?

2. From manual on Mirror Brush Tool:
"This is the mirror tool. Selecting this and then clicking in the editor, will mirror vertically the currently selected layer."
So that means it just mirrors the layer once? It being a brush I was thinking it would automatically mirror what is drawn in real time, a-la Aseprite's Horizontal Symmetry/Vertical Symmetry options; do I understand correctly that that is not the case and there are no such features in GMS2's Image Editor?

D

Dante

The instructions are a bit off. What it actually does is mirror (or rotate, depending on the tool) the brush.
So what you need to do is create a new brush by selecting an area of your image and copying it (CRTL+C), then select that brush and THEN you can mirror/rotate it. A bit unintuitive, I know, especially if you're used to working in Photoshop.

I had the same issue, but I figured it out in the end by analysing the video showcasing it.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
The "tools" are for brushes (for the most part), the "Image" menu will do frames/animations.

Clicking on the flip/mirror will flip/mirror your current brush. If go to the menu, you can flip mirror frames or the animation.