• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Image Editor interpolate pixels and I can't turn it off!

imwonderr

Everything I import or draw in gamemaker 2 looks extremely blurry and I can't figure out why this is happening. I already tried the community discord and had no luck there, unfortunately.

helppls.gifhelppls233323123.gif

As you can see everything looks blurry.
The option "Interpolate colours between pixels" is disabled. And I already did a completely fresh install of GameMaker Studio 2 (IDE 2.3.5.589 Runtime v2.3.5.458)

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? This is actually driving me crazy, lol.

Chaser

The image your importing may be corrupted?
Try a newer image, or rename the image and try that. :) is it a duplicated image from inside the IDE? I had issues when doing that before, proper jarring. Renaming it seemed to fix it for me.

imwonderr

The image your importing may be corrupted?
Try a newer image, or rename the image and try that. :) is it a duplicated image from inside the IDE? I had issues when doing that before, proper jarring. Renaming it seemed to fix it for me.
I already tried various different images, all of them do the same. Also even when I try to create anything inside the image editor the interpolation happens, as you can see in the first GIF. If I open the same image in photoshop, the image looks crisp and nice.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Did you accidentally zoom the IDE? Try zooming in or out a bit and see if that resolves it... (Ctrl + Wheel)

imwonderr

Did you accidentally zoom the IDE? Try zooming in or out a bit and see if that resolves it... (Ctrl + Wheel)
Just figured it out now. I fixed it by force updating my graphics card driver and resetting it to default options. It was probably overriding GMS2's antialiasing/interpolation settings somehow. Works just fine now!