• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Image Editor Copy Paste Issues

Yaazarai

The sprite editor has quote the workflow problem with copy paste.

Whenever I copy/paste the sprite editor creates a "brush," and selects it.

The problem with this is that it affects the workflow when you need to get back to using your already selected brush size. For example:

1. I select a brush size of 7px.
2. Change to area select, then copy a portion of the screen.
3. A brush is created for the copied image and the brush is auto-selected for pasting.
4. I got back to the pencil tool and now my brush size of 7px has changed to the pasted image.

This really ruins workflow.

DesArts

I've mentioned in the past for the old paste options for canvas resize. And also the option to use selections for the pasted image like any other editor rather than the brush. I believe I was told it was being thought about.