• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Image Editor Changing Alpha [SUGGESTION]

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I didn't find a way to change color alpha in the image editor other then double clicking the color and changing the alpha there... this is not practical you could please add the alpha slider below the pallet next to the mouse representation... there is enough space there and the alpha slider was really helpful! :)

L

Ludorverr

I agree but I'd go one step further than that and have most of the colour window functionality dockable under the palette too. (all the RGB,A,HSV values) It's slow to open a window, edit the values, then click OK to close the window each and every time you want to edit your colour. Especially if you're looking for a certain shade of colour you need to repetitively open the window to test the value.

These are minor complaints that I could see the yoyogames team ignoring though. They've already designed that fancy colour window after all.

But if we're talking about what should have PRIORITY in the UI then Brushes, Toolbox, Layers - all of these are less important than editing your current colour. And when talking about ease of use, docked items do have priority over things you open in a separate window. One is more convenient than the other in the realm of user interface.