• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Image blending not working

S

SuperSlim

I have an object with a semi-transparent grey-scale sprite and depending on it's "element" I want the code to change it's color by image blending. I did this successfully with another creature that had an opaque sprite but it doesn't seem to work for this one.

I'm using GML not DnD.

D

Dark

Have you overriden the default draw event in the object with your own that uses draw_sprite or another draw function that doesn't have a color argument? It will only color automatically if you use draw_self() or you can use image_blend as the color argument in draw_sprite_ext or another draw function that has a color argument.

S

SuperSlim

Have you overriden the default draw event in the object with your own that uses draw_sprite or another draw function that doesn't have a color argument? It will only color automatically if you use draw_self() or you can use image_blend as the color argument in draw_sprite_ext or another draw function that has a color argument.
I used a script that takes the "color" argument and does image blend based on that. The actual object has no Draw Event.

S

SuperSlim

I solved it by changing the color of the sprite. Thank for the help Dark!