• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Opinion Image/Background Resource Sites

jackquake

I was looking for a background for the game I'm writing, something of a cartoon'ish nature. I finally found one I liked, but there were an amazing number of web sites that had downloadable backgrounds. Of course, the ones that I liked had limitations on how you could use the image, limit you on how many can be sold, etc.

There were several sites I looked over, such as:
www.vecteezy.com
www.pngtree.com
www.freepik.com
and there are many others...

I know there are several free art sites available, but often, they simply just don't have quite what is needed or it is difficult to use art from different designers because the styles are too different.

I'm tempted to just subscribe to cover myself, but was interested in what you guys do. I realize a lot of you are talented in both programming and art, so this may not apply to you.

But for folks in the same situation as I (not gifted in the art department)--what do you do? Do you subscribe to a site for art? If so, do you have a recommendation?

Thank you in advance,
JQ