Discussion I'm outta here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethian

Greetings...

Lastly, i was thinking about GM:S developers and how they made their professional-looking games...
For example, someone that made an Undertale-inspired videogame on Gamejolt called "AfterStory"...

Despite being violence-free, cute, peaceful, and childish, the game demosters its original creator is an artist (They shown part of his sketchbook in the game's devlog...) and a professional developer because of the visual effects present...
Or...
Did he picked up all those effects from the marketplace? Toby Fox did the same? Or...

Knowing the fact the games Undertale and AfterStory look professional because of their visual effects, inspires me to be like them and how they made their games... Did those just use the default manual and don't use the forum? I think using just the manual makes you like Toby Fox...

Well, i'm considered an artist because of my well-drawn cartoon drawings... they look like they're drawn finely by an cel animator! Also, my music... but programming? Nevermind if too simple but bugless?

My games are too simple on programming, and lacks visual effects like RPG increasing text and screen shaking (I refuse to program those and more visual effects that make the game professional on my game because of the code complexity)... they're like fan made Cuphead games from Scratch.mid.edu... Well, but my game, lacking shaking screen, it means that will be almostly violence-free! (I don't want to make children sadists because of violent videogames, also, i like how they put asterisks to swear words in this website, otherwise they violate the rules... (I hope don't you mind this...))

Also, i decided to respect my Nuts Goner thread as "A badly-written explication of what makes me feel anxiety that i like to feel with senseless, undeciphrable results as part of my eternal legacy..." for some reason...

Sorry for put a lot of things you can't understand... i guess i need to get outta this forum and just use the manual to program the most professional things from scratch... tutorials are just for dummies... i also was a dummy but nowadays i used the head so much and i even learned new stuff like just using the manual to program things, and use the head to solve problems... and so much...

I'm also used to connect to this forum since last year, and i get annoyed of still using, and happen to me, things i use, and happen, since last year! I'm currently changing/waiting them working on my proyects...

So... what do you think? You still can't understand? Well, i'm gotta here and i'll do what you can't understand... or not?

Last edited:
E

ethian

I don´t understand.
People doesn't understand me because i used the head too much ultimately... and because when i talk or write, i always have the time of write things can't figure out to say them on words, sorry...
No, they don't. Please don't insult professional animators.
Isn't an insult! It's just a comparation of the drawings i make, and the drawings they make, similar...
Ethian you're my nuts goner
I was thinking on be one, making excersise, being cool, being skinny, being sneaky, being cunning, being strong and agile, know martial arts, being smart, etc... (Those characteristics are from a nuts goner because they make me feel anxiety) but..

Niels

I think I'm becoming a nutsgoner from just reading this post. A well GL with your game, keep us updated on the work in progress forum!

E

ethian

What the...!? I became known because of something notable i had invented!

Now let me do all the things by myself without disturbing me... please...

E

Erdrickgr

Here's some inspirational advice from famous game designer Ronnie Coleman*

"I always say before I start working each day: ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"Coding? Ain't nothin but a peanut"

"Everybody wanna be a video game developer, but don't no one want to put in no long-ass hours"

Good luck! :)

*I think I may have his profession wrong; also possibly some of the quotes are paraphrased

M

Misty

Greetings...

Lastly, i was thinking about GM:S developers and how they made their professional-looking games...
For example, someone that made an Undertale-inspired videogame on Gamejolt called "AfterStory"...

Despite being violence-free, cute, peaceful, and childish, the game demosters its original creator is an artist (They shown part of his sketchbook in the game's devlog...) and a professional developer because of the visual effects present...
Or...
Did he picked up all those effects from the marketplace? Toby Fox did the same? Or...

Knowing the fact the games Undertale and AfterStory look professional because of their visual effects, inspires me to be like them and how they made their games... Did those just use the default manual and don't use the forum? I think using just the manual makes you like Toby Fox...

Well, i'm considered an artist because of my well-drawn cartoon drawings... they look like they're drawn finely by an cel animator! Also, my music... but programming? Nevermind if too simple but bugless?

My games are too simple on programming, and lacks visual effects like RPG increasing text and screen shaking (I refuse to program those and more visual effects that make the game professional on my game because of the code complexity)... they're like fan made Cuphead games from Scratch.mid.edu... Well, but my game, lacking shaking screen, it means that will be almostly violence-free! (I don't want to make children sadists because of violent videogames, also, i like how they put asterisks to swear words in this website, otherwise they violate the rules... (I hope don't you mind this...))

Also, i decided to respect my Nuts Goner thread as "A badly-written explication of what makes me feel anxiety that i like to feel with senseless, undeciphrable results as part of my eternal legacy..." for some reason...

Sorry for put a lot of things you can't understand... i guess i need to get outta this forum and just use the manual to program the most professional things from scratch... tutorials are just for dummies... i also was a dummy but nowadays i used the head so much and i even learned new stuff like just using the manual to program things, and use the head to solve problems... and so much...

I'm also used to connect to this forum since last year, and i get annoyed of still using, and happen to me, things i use, and happen, since last year! I'm currently changing/waiting them working on my proyects...

So... what do you think? You still can't understand? Well, i'm gotta here and i'll do what you can't understand... or not?
Ethian I can help you program your games better if you pay me minimum wage and also a revshare.
I can do the rpg text, screen shake and more.

E

ethian

Sorry, no more answers... i don't need help here anymore, i'm absolutely outta here.

E

ethian

Ah ah ah! I'm not outta here already!
Just one question to know its answer...

I enjoy drawing and using drawing as a hobby, and my art is surprising for my family and everyone else... so... how i can enjoy on programming and making music as how i enjoy drawing? I also know my music is surprising, too! But my programmed games? Nevermind... (Or not?)

Well, it's enough of nuts goners and it's time to answer
But before, one more fact of nuts goner on the actuality to close that darn topic ("Darn" because it went kinda wrong... i guess)

Captain Standish from the animated movie "Free Birds" is one of the latest nuts goner i had seen to nowadays, he will be the latest of the few nuts goners to be used fully, like those other fully used, he will be at front of me dancing and be at front of someone like Mettaton EX...

So, please no more nuts goners, and answer this last question.

Last edited:
Z

zendraw

do the same with programming as you did with drawing.... ive seen noobs complainin about codin but this is 2 much...

DesArts

If you are not good, just keep practising.

It doesn't matter how they managed it, they obviously are GOOD. If you're BAD, become GOOD. What 'source' you get help from is probably 3rd on the list of getting good at something. You just need to practice. Try making little things and perfecting each of those first.

Don't expect your first full game to be amazing if you know you can't make good games yet. It'll end up rubbish, for sure.

Also, you seem to want to step everyone through your every thought process, you really wont get much help doing that, I'd stick to asking about specific programming issues if that's your problem area.

(inb4 didnt understand correctly :( )

E

ethian

If you are not good, just keep practising.

It doesn't matter how they managed it, they obviously are GOOD. If you're BAD, become GOOD. What 'source' you get help from is probably 3rd on the list of getting good at something. You just need to practice. Try making little things and perfecting each of those first.

Don't expect your first full game to be amazing if you know you can't make good games yet. It'll end up rubbish, for sure.

Also, you seem to want to step everyone through your every thought process, you really wont get much help doing that, I'd stick to asking about specific programming issues if that's your problem area.

(inb4 didnt understand correctly :( )
Nevermind with the question, i'll better let my game turn out how will turn out. Also, i'm actually making it good naturally (Avoiding making it hilarously bad in a crude way that makes it for adults only, avoiding crude graphics in the final version, etc...), however, there's some things i wanted to make them all reality, but i couldn't because of time reasons (So much secrets to my game or make all sprites perfectly follow the rythm of the background music) and myself limitations (Try to make a thinking-accurate synthetised instrument, try to program shaking effects and try to program a textbox with special features)... they doesn't really matter after all at the end...

Nobody understands me here, i'm used to connect to GMC since last year and i'm now sick of it (There's other things i'm sick of, and they're here since last year), and i want to work on my project without wastes of time, so, i'm absolutely outta here.

E

ethian

No! Not gone yet!
Just another more question:

My game is similar to Undertale, but i heard this game got oversaturated and some people are sick of it now... this video explains what i'm talking about:
Undertale got people that is sick of it now, because of noting on negative minor details. I also got sick of Undertale, but i'm making my game an Undertale-like game with my ideas for make it more loveable personally. The minor details i noted for Undertale and made me got sick of it are:
  • When i play it, i feel like the game was everything and was watching a family-friendly adventure movie on the cinema, but Undertale lacks what have those movies and what makes feel the game has everything on the world, like: Circus, Kung Fu, Wild West, Jungle, Far China, etc...
  • Undertale OST's master volume isn't loud enough to make me enjoy it 100% and make external noises be very low when hearing it on headphones.
  • It's in 30 fps instead of 60 fps.
  • It seems short for me, and easy for beat later, it has 5 worlds instead of 8 (8 full-lenght worlds make the game feel have full-lenght!)
I had corrected all of those on my game... also, i'm sure all of those are what caused the others to get sick of the game, too.
So, i need to make my game, not so easy and not so hard, and the game's long lenght makes it cooler, right?

NoTe: If anybody cares, nevermind, i'm absolutely outta here.

Last edited:

Cat

i'm sure all of those are what caused the others to get sick of the game, too.
It's been almost three years since the game came out. I think that's probably the biggest reason.

It seems short for me
Younger people tend to like longer games. Older people tend to like shorter games.

the game's long lenght makes it cooler, right?
Not necessarily. If you only have enough content for a four hour game... then release a four hour game. There's nothing wrong with making it longer or shorter, as long as you do not pad the length. It's disrespectful of the player's time and serves literally no purpose. A one hour game that's fun for the entire hour is far better than a 10 hour game with only five hours of good content.

Somehow, I'm having a hard time believing this. :p
Why won't you believe him? He's said so 5 times! :p

A

amusudan

If you spent more time coding and less time posting in the forums you'd be done by now! That goes for all the rest of you procrastinators too!
Hey I'm productive!

Just not now :(

Reactions: Rob
E

ethian

It's been almost three years since the game came out. I think that's probably the biggest reason.
With this, i think the high frequency of seeing Undertale content by a long time is the biggest reason of why some people got sick of Undertale... that is why it says "Too much Undertale" on the video.
I'm also on this issue... i'm seeing Undertale material on the web since over 2 years ago from now and now i'm working on my proyects to stop...
Shucks! It really was too much Undertale and Undertale really came too far of being a good thing!
Younger people tend to like longer games. Older people tend to like shorter games.
And how i heard "Ace Attorney: Justice for All" is critiquised by its short lenght?!

A

Alessio

>Looks at AfterStory...

"Lucas, is that you?"

Enough with all these Mother 3 ripoffs, because that game looks more like Mother 3 with Undertale monsters. Not surprised nobody gives a damn about that: unimaginative at best, and Mother 3 isn't even that great of a game, average at best, but somehow certain people want to make the next Mother 3. These are all called Undersomething or Somethingbound, or After-Mother or BounderEarthTale, and all of them tend to have an overly dark storyline with crippled boys, worse than Dark Souls' lore... geez! If my opponents are all like that, my way to success will be a cakewalk! I can already see myself presenting my game on some important conventions once it has sold a good amount of copies while my opponents are still trying to do the next Mother 3 or the spiritual sequel to Undertale.

Also, what's this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

ethian

>Looks at AfterStory...

"Lucas, is that you?"

Enough with all these Mother 3 ripoffs, because that game looks more like Mother 3 with Undertale monsters. Not surprised nobody gives a damn about that: unimaginative at best, and Mother 3 isn't even that great of a game, average at best, but somehow certain people want to make the next Mother 3. These are all called Undersomething or Somethingbound, or After-Mother or BounderEarthTale, and all of them tend to have an overly dark storyline with crippled boys, worse than Dark Souls' lore... geez! If my opponents are all like that, my way to success will be a cakewalk! I can already see myself presenting my game on some important conventions once it has sold a good amount of copies while my opponents are still trying to do the next Mother 3 or the spiritual sequel to Undertale.

Also, what's this thread?
Critiquising AfterStory...

Is a very inspired work on even Undertale's inspirations besides Undertale itself (There's a character called "Taiba", becomes from TB, is an inspiration fo Giygas from Earthbound that comes from GB, for example), also, it's a demostration of how the original creator is good artist and a video game developer.
So inspired, it's actually a ripoff but nevermind...

I was talking about it from the beginning because of how programmed is and how inspires me to become a professional video game developer that enjoys his work... or something else...

it's cute art, its pacific ambiance... its family friendlyness (Lack of violence), its original creator... that are what most catch me about AfterStory...

Also, my game will be like AfterStory, but, i hear you don't like those games of this kind so, just don't play this game if you don't like it...
It will have Undertale references and similae "feelings" to it as i call them, but with different characters, places and plot... it will feel new anyways... as it will have also a lot of extra content...

Also, this thread is about if i'm outta this website forever or not, and why

I enjoy being a very basic, unprefessional video game developer that can do great jobs anyways... barely... because of it, i feel i don't need help here anymore and i just want to work on my projects without wastes of time to be happy with the final programmed products at the end... so... i'm outta here...

Last edited:
A

Alessio

Critiquising AfterStory...

Is a very inspired work on even Undertale's inspirations besides Undertale itself (There's a character called "Taiba", becomes from TB, is an inspiration fo Giygas from Earthbound that comes from GB, for example), also, it's a demostration of how the original creator is good artist and a video game developer.
So inspired, it's actually a ripoff but nevermind...

I was talking about it from the beginning because of how programmed is and how inspires me to become a professional video game developer that enjoys his work... or something else...

it's cute art, its pacific ambiance... its family friendlyness (Lack of violence), its original creator... that are what most catch me about AfterStory...

Also, my game will be like AfterStory, but, i hear you don't like those games of this kind so, just don't play this game if you don't like it...
It will have Undertale references and similae "feelings" to it as i call them, but with different characters, places and plot... it will feel new anyways... as it will have also a lot of extra content...

Also, this thread is about if i'm outta this website forever or not, and why

I enjoy being a very basic, unprefessional video game developer that can do great jobs anyways... barely... because of it, i feel i don't need help here anymore and i just want to work on my projects without wastes of time to be happy with the final programmed products at the end... so... i'm outta here...

Status
Not open for further replies.