• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Im new to game maker(less than 1 day) but nothing appears on my screen, i just put random sprites on a room, but for some reason, nothing appears

F

Flint Silver

actually my plan is a 240x240 resolution screen, but that not important now, whatever i do, my running screen appears as full black, how do i solve this?

1608436997784.png

1608436808878.png

Attachments

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Check if you use views, if they are activated, or something. You need to search for cameras, there are tutorials on YouTube that teach.

Gamebot

By chance are you using the draw event? Code or no code you will need to use on the first line:

Code:
draw_self();
If you don't need the draw event try deleting this event.

Flint Silver, your problem may be related to your antivirus software. What are your computer's operating system and your antivirus ?

I encountered the same black screen problem with the free version of Avast on Windows 10. To solve it, I selected the "repair" option of Avast from its uninstall menu. When the repair was complete - it took less than one minute -, I launched GameMaker Studio 2 and my project. Then I cleaned my project by going into the Build/Clean menu. Then I ran my project. At this moment Avast may ask you if you want to authorize GMS2 to run. Of course you do ! Now your project should run finely - well, depending on the quality of your code ! You may have to repeat all the repair Avast/clean GMS2 process later if the black screen ever come back. I had to do it twice, but now Avast seems to be at rest with GMS2.

I encountered the same black screen problem with the free version of Avast on Windows 10. To solve it, I selected the "repair" option of Avast from its uninstall menu. When the repair was complete - it took less than one minute -, I launched GameMaker Studio 2 and my project. Then I cleaned my project by going into the Build/Clean menu. Then I ran my project. At this moment Avast may ask you if you want to authorize GMS2 to run. Of course you do ! Now your project should run finely - well, depending on the quality of your code ! You may have to repeat all the repair Avast/clean GMS2 process later if the black screen ever come back. I had to do it twice, but now Avast seems to be at rest with GMS2.
I was facing the same issue, and can confirm this fixes it.

Q

Quinnster

I actually have the same problem, use the same antivirus, and have followed the steps and it has not been fixed.

D

DerekBones

I'm also still having this issue and have followed both Knightmare and FrostCat's suggestions. Niether have worked.

D

DerekBones

Make your own topic and provide the room info that you're trying to have sprites/objects in
It's a blank default room, with an object with no events. The sprites were simply not appearing.
It started working and seems to be working for now. Thanks for the info.

Now I'm just running into the regular development problems with my crappy coding.