• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Im making multiplayer game, but i dont know how to make that players would have moving sprites.

K

Karmanchik22

I did all other things, but i only dont know how to make other players have sprite when they are moving? I can send project if you want.
I did everythink like in this tutorial(there ), with some tweaks, but they dont matter:

jobjorgos

If you have the same version as the guy in the video + you really didnot make any typos, it should just work the same way as it does in the video I guess. But if you have really no clue what to do next, maybe you can consider an extension/demo on the marketplace.

This is a link of such extension/demo I think is really good and easy, and also has alot of good reviews:

If you don't like to pay there are also some free ones on the marketplace. But probly the paid versions are better and safes you more time.

K

Karmanchik22

If you have the same version as the guy in the video + you really didnot make any typos, it should just work the same way as it does in the video I guess. But if you have really no clue what to do next, maybe you can consider an extension/demo on the marketplace.

This is a link of such extension/demo I think is really good and easy, and also has alot of good reviews:

If you don't like to pay there are also some free ones on the marketplace. But probly the paid versions are better and safes you more time.
no, in video he dont implement sprites. I want to implement them. I searched tutorials, but everyone had other "system"

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
All multiplayer games are based on exchanging messages and translating them to visual outcomes. Therefore, the reason that the other players in your project don't have a sprite is because:
  1. They are not sending messages saying where they are, or
  2. You are not processing those messages, or
  3. Both of the above
Every project has its own way of exchanging and processing messages, you can't just blindly copy off a tutorial. You can get an idea on how to set up a connection and send messages from one, but in practice it's your job to tailor the exact rules to the needs of your project.

I strongly recommend that you read up on the relationship between correspondence chess and multiplayer games:
One thing that I now demand of all networking novices is an understanding of procedures in correspondence chess, even if they don't all play chess. That's the closest physical analogue of how actual multiplayer games work, and it stops dead most rookie myths about multiplayer games.
  • The connection is not a shared board between the players on a table, it's just the mailman in a correspondence game.
  • Nothing happens on your board until you act upon mail sent out by your opponent.
  • Nothing happens on your opponent's board until you send him/her mail stating what your move is.
  • For the same reason you can't use chess notation in backgammon, bridge or StarCraft, you have to tailor the form and notation to the game.