• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Im asking for help on polishing up my Mega Man fan game.

B

Beersy

The game is mostly finished up. All the levels and bosses and such are complete. I was hoping to find some people to help me polish it up, like minor details of making the game better. If anyone wants to play it out, you can download it at: http://gamejolt.com/games/mega-man-the-final-chapter/80866

keep in mind theres a lot of people that either hate it or love it....but regardless im just trying to make a good mega man game regardless of what i do with the story line.

Attachments

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
I surely like to test your game! unfortunately, I'm on a data bundle right now, so 22 mb is a bit too much for me.
Sorry.
This is your how many'st game?

B

Beersy

I have a few games but tho mega man game is by far the most popular right now. I have two that I'm trying to finish up that I soul love to get help on as well. They are shorter games. But any help would be awesome

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
The game looks cool and is fun, you can tell by the time between my last message and this one how much I played it, and you can conclude i played for about 15 minutes. I tried some of the different levels and didn't fight any bosses or anything. But I do have to ask: did you make those graphics yourself or did you get them from the internet. I'm not familiar with mega man at all, since I'm too young to know it. My main problem is that i sometimes feel like backgrounds/tiles are a little too "tiles" and a pattern is definitely visible. I don't know if this is intentional or not? Anyways, the texture at the left-top level has some visible "seams" between the textures, I can see you definitely tried to work those away, but they are still visible.

All in all, a fun little game! Where you got your sprites from aside, You did put time into programming some mechanics like the little fire balls n'stuff

B

Beersy

The game looks cool and is fun, you can tell by the time between my last message and this one how much I played it, and you can conclude i played for about 15 minutes. I tried some of the different levels and didn't fight any bosses or anything. But I do have to ask: did you make those graphics yourself or did you get them from the internet. I'm not familiar with mega man at all, since I'm too young to know it. My main problem is that i sometimes feel like backgrounds/tiles are a little too "tiles" and a pattern is definitely visible. I don't know if this is intentional or not? Anyways, the texture at the left-top level has some visible "seams" between the textures, I can see you definitely tried to work those away, but they are still visible.

All in all, a fun little game! Where you got your sprites from aside, You did put time into programming some mechanics like the little fire balls n'stuff
Yah...this game was meant to be as CLOSE to an old school 8 bit Mega Man game from the NES days. You may have to know Mega Man and its history of the NES days before you can fully appreciate what I was going for in this game. I used sprites from all 6 NES Mega Man games and mixed them into tbhis game. So everything from the tile set to the sprites and music came from those NES games. I wanted to capture the spirit of playing an old NES game. Anyway I created this game starting from a blank Game Maker project and started there and worked by myself all the way to where it is now. I know it has a lot of smoothing out and cleaning to do, but its hard to do all by yourself so thats why im looking to make some friends in the game maker community i can work with because its HARD making a perfect glitch free game all alone! But ive poured my heart and soul on this game, so I really want it to be as awesome as it can be

Tthecreator

Your Creator!
I guess I would have loved it if I played mega man when I was little, sadly I'm not form the NES period.
I don't know how easy it is to find a "companion" on the forums, since I've never tried it before, but I sadly have to little knowledge of your projects and to little time to work with you. If you want this, consider starting a new tread or creating a status update asking for this.