• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - Art Illustrator/Conceptartist available for freelance work

G

gloominati

DukeSoft. Well it's weird for an artist to have set in stone rates. Usually rates are negotiated on a project to project basis :)
----------

Hi,

I just updated the first post with some new artwork. I am currently taking on freelance work, so if you would like to hire me for a project you are working on, please feel free to send me an e-mail to [email protected]

G

gloominati

DukeSoft - yepp and that's a great thing. Still, in my experience there are instances in which hourly rates do not apply or just don't make any sense. In any case, I just prefer talking to people who would like to work with me :)

Tobias - Thanks a lot!!!

K

Kobold

Why does no-one post rates? :p Is it that weird?
I agree with you.
though he said that he has done work for Namco.... so I would guess that his average hours for a digital painting like the medium detailed female knight range between 8-12 hours combined (he wouldn't need more than that judging by his skill set... 2-3 hours line-work,3-4 hours shading, 3-4 hours colourizing, 1 hour touch up)... and since he lives in Germany his rates will probably be in between $85 - $120 an hour
which could be anywhere between $680 (at the lowest) - $1440 (at the highest) for the one painting (female knight).
But it could be totally different. I am just guessing.
I would say it is worth for anyone around here.. because the things which are demanded around here aren't really a challenge to him so I think whatever we throw at him, he might have this done in two hours for around $200 which would be fair (just as an example)... where someone else who claims to be an affordable Indie artist, would struggle around a lot and would charge you $400 at the end because they couldn't pull it off as quickly as he could.

I admire his work... a lot. This thread must be just another ego-boost in his life, haha.